About This Chapter
Functions of a Commercial Organization - Chapter Summary
In this chapter on the functions of a commercial organization, brief lessons cover topics like positions that must be fulfilled for the success of a marketing team. Additionally, you can learn about the responsibilities of an HR department, such as benefits and compensation. Upon completion of the chapter, you should be able to do the following:
- Discuss common marketing roles in an organization
- List functions of an accounting department
- Recall some of the responsibilities of an HR department
- Explain how the production department in an organization is structured
- Describe the roles of purchasing and stores departments
- Provide details about the role of general administration and legal departments
A brief quiz is available for each lesson to test your understanding of different functions in a commercial organization, and you can also contact our instructors with any questions. The quizzes link back to specific topics in the video, so if you get a question wrong you can quickly review that topic. Our instructors provide helpful illustrations in each lesson to assist you with grasping the concepts presented.
1. Marketing Department: Structure & Roles
Marketing is a critical activity within a company, and there are specific roles that are necessary to the success of a marketing team. Learn what common roles support the marketing efforts of an organization.
2. Roles & Responsibilities of an Accounting Department
In this lesson, you will learn about the primary roles or functions of an accounting department and the responsibilities completed by those functions. When you are through, take a quick quiz to test your comprehension.
3. HR Department: Definition, Function & Responsibilities
In this lesson, we'll learn about the human resources department. We'll define the term and explore the many roles and responsibilities the human resources department fulfills including benefits and compensation, training and safety.
4. Purchasing & Stores Department: Function & Roles
You may wonder how the items you see in stores actually get there. There are two main departments that have a large role in making that happen - they are the purchasing and stores departments.
5. General Administration & Legal Department in Business
Do you understand the functions of administration and legal departments for a business? This lesson will help detail how each department functions separately and together within a commercial organization.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ICSE Commercial Studies: Study Guide & Syllabus course
- Commercial Organization in India
- Communication in a Commercial Organization
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Banking in India
- Home & International Trade
- Pollution & Business
- Waste Management in India
- Stakeholders in Commercial Organizations
- Business Marketing in India
- Human Resources in India
- Logistics & Insurance in Business
- ICSE Commercial Studies Flashcards