About This Chapter
Functions & Types of Business Management - Chapter Summary
For an overview of essential business management types and their respective functions, work through these simple and expertly taught video lessons. The chapter explains the purposes of planning, organizing, leading and controlling in management, and you can expect to improve your basic knowledge of sales, operations, marketing and data management. When you're finished with the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Discuss management's four primary functions
- Define the fundamentals of operations management
- Compare the functions of marketing management and sales management
- Recognize effective data management tools
To reinforce the information you study, take the chapter's short self-assessment quizzes. You can revisit the lessons as many times as needed, and you can even submit questions to our business experts if you need any extra help with the material. These resources can be accessed around-the-clock on any computer or mobile device.
1. Four Functions of Management: Planning, Organizing, Leading & Controlling
A person who holds a management position inside an organization is required to think strategically and conceptually in order to achieve organizational goals. This lesson will describe the four functions of management and how they relate to organizational success.
2. Operations Management: Definition & Fundamentals
This lesson will introduce and define operations management. We will review how operations management helps a company achieve its business goals through managing four key aspects of operations.
3. Sales Management: Definition & Function
A thriving business needs competent sales management to meet revenue and sales goals. Also, sales managers must ensure that the sales team is appropriately supported. Use the four keys in this lesson to improve your sales management skills.
4. The Functions of Marketing Management
A good marketing manager knows the importance of having a well thought out marketing plan. Learn why in this video lesson and see how a good marketing management team calculates the effectiveness of their marketing plan.
5. What is Data Management? - Definition & Tools
Data management encompasses the ways in which data is stored and shared by an organization. The tools used to carry out data management are defined in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the aPHR Certification Exam Study Guide - Associate Professional in Human Resources course
- Human Resource Operations
- Human Resource Metrics
- HR Data Tools & Collection
- Business Records Management
- Technology & Information Systems for Human Resources
- Job Design & Performance Metrics
- Workplace Organizational Structure
- Workplace Communication Techniques
- Hiring, Recruiting & Outsourcing for Human Resources
- Compensation Systems, Benefits & Incentive Programs
- Role of HR in Employee Training & Development
- Performance Appraisal in Business Management
- Employee Relations & Recognition Programs
- Employee Feedback
- Overview of Employee Rights & Employment Law
- Employee Behavior in the Workplace
- Employee Discipline & Termination
- Employee Health, Safety & Security
- aPHR Certification Exam Study Guide - Associate Professional in Human Resources Flashcards