About This Chapter
Functions with Conditional Logic in Excel: Chapter Summary
If you want to add cells, look at the average of the cells or count the number of cells within a specific Excel range, this set of video lessons might be for you. Our experts will show you all the steps for success through these instructional videos. Each lesson has a short quiz to give you feedback on your progress. Watch each video as many times as you need, or read the accompanying transcripts, until you've got these functions down pat.
Lessons include the following:
- Using the SUMIF Excel function
- Putting the AVERAGEIF function into play
- Using the COUNTIF function
(Note: All demonstrations in this chapter will be using Microsoft Excel 2013. Certain features, tools, or displays may be different in other versions.)
Excel is a trademark of the Microsoft Corporation, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. How to Use the SUMIF Function in Excel
When you need to sum numbers that meet a specific criteria in Excel, the SUMIF function is the ticket. This lesson will help you to understand the SUMIF function and how to use it in a formula.
2. How to Use the AVERAGEIF Function in Excel
If you need to take your AVERAGE function to the next step, adding the IF function will give you more power. This lesson will first review the basic AVERAGE function, then demonstrate using examples, how to include IF in your formulas.
3. How to Use the COUNTIF Function in Excel
When you need write a formula to total the number of cells in a range, where the values meet a very specific criteria, you want to use the COUNTIF function. You will learn in this lesson how to use COUNTIF in Excel.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Intro to Excel: Essential Training & Tutorials course
- Creating Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Formatting Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Customizing Options & Views in Excel
- Configure to Print & Save in Excel
- Format Cells & Ranges in Excel
- Insert Data in Cells and Ranges in Excel
- Filter and Sort a Table in Excel
- Order & Group Cells & Ranges in Excel
- Create a Table in Excel
- Modify a Table in Excel
- Use Cell Ranges & References for Formulas & Functions in Excel
- Summarize Data with Functions in Excel
- Format & Modify Text with Functions in Excel
- Create a Chart in Excel