About This Chapter
Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Positioning - Chapter Summary
Simplify the process of studying fundamental marcom decisions and positioning concepts by reviewing this chapter. Explore fun video and text lessons to discover or refresh your knowledge of this subject area whenever you have time. All lessons are short and easy to review, ensuring your can fit your studies into a busy schedule. Be sure to assess your comprehension of this chapter's topics by taking multiple-choice quizzes and a practice exam. When finished, you will be able to:
- Discuss how marketers position and differentiate products to ensure they stand out in the minds of consumers
- Describe the similarities and differences between CPM and HEM positioning approaches
- Explain when the dual coding theory of marketing positioning is best used, and discuss its pros and cons
- Share the pros and cons and best ways to use the think-feel-do model (TFD) positioning approaches
1. Positioning and Differentiation in Consumer Marketing
Consumers' perceptions of products and brands are influenced by the marketing and promotional plan. Marketers must identify the key characteristics that are important to the target market and then ensure that their product stands out in the minds of the consumers as the best choice for purchase.
2. CPM & HEM Positioning Approaches: Comparison & Examples
Marketers trying to appeal to certain consumer behaviors would be wise to take a look at CPM and HEM positioning. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the two and see a few examples of it being employed successfully.
3. Positioning Approaches: Dual Coding Theory
Is it words or pictures that make an advertising message more memorable, or is it a combination of both? In this lesson, we'll discuss dual coding theory in marketing positioning and the best ways to get a message across to an audience.
4. The Think-Feel-Do Model (TFD) Positioning Approach
This Lesson examines the Think-Feel-Do model as a positioning approach. This is a new marketing approach that has become very popular in the last few years
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TECEP Advertising: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Overview of Advertising Management
- Overview of Integrated Marketing Communication
- Market Segmentation
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Target Marketing
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Marketing Objectives
- Creating & Assessing Ad Messages
- Media Planning & Analysis in Advertising
- Internet Advertising
- Sales Promotion Techniques
- Marcom Tools
- Ethical, Regulatory & Environmental Advertising Issues
- TECEP Advertising Flashcards