About This Chapter
Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Target Marketing - Chapter Summary
This chapter is designed to expand your knowledge of the use of fundamental marcom decisions and target marketing. Learn from top instructors about the many ways businesses use marketing communications to reach their consumers. Choose the lessons you want to review in any order, and revisit them as many times as needed. Use the quiz with each lesson to assess your comprehension of concepts covered. Feel free to submit any lesson topic questions to our experts. In no time, you will be ready for the following:
- Describing how to use fundamental marcom decisions in marketing
- Explaining how firms identify target markets and create target market strategies
- Defining and describing the target consumer
- Listing and discussing various types of target market strategies
1. Using The Fundamental Marcom Decisions in Marketing
Using the fundamental Marcom decisions in marketing is essential to get consumers to purchase products. In this lesson, we will discuss targeting, positioning, objective setting, and budgeting.
2. Target Market Strategies for Successful Business
If you've ever felt persuaded to buy an item by an ad, you've likely been defined as part of a target market. Though you may not know it, advertisements are created specifically for people similar to you. In this lesson, you'll learn how marketing firms identify a target market, create basic target market strategies and use a marketing mix for a product or service.
3. Target Consumer: Definition & Explanation
Have you noticed recurring commercials during your favorite Thursday night television program? You're probably a targeted consumer for those products, and marketing professionals use this outlet as a resource to communicate to you effectively.
4. Various Types of Target Marketing Strategies
Watch this video lesson, and you will learn about the ways in which businesses can market themselves. You will see that different products and services require different form of marketing to be successful.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TECEP Advertising: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Overview of Advertising Management
- Overview of Integrated Marketing Communication
- Market Segmentation
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Positioning
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Marketing Objectives
- Creating & Assessing Ad Messages
- Media Planning & Analysis in Advertising
- Internet Advertising
- Sales Promotion Techniques
- Marcom Tools
- Ethical, Regulatory & Environmental Advertising Issues
- TECEP Advertising Flashcards