About This Chapter
Fundamentals of Customer Service - Chapter Summary
Our brilliant instructors have built this chapter with sections that explain what customer service is and how it is managed to help companies be successful. This lesson covers other topics as well:
- Characteristics of customer service
- Offering superb customer service in person
- Types of call centers
- Using social media for customer service
Short video lessons are offered throughout this chapter, helping your employees examine what good customer service should look like on a regular basis. You might hold a formal corporate training event for your employees or have them review these lessons at their convenience.
How It Helps
- Brings awareness: Employees using this chapter can identify what quality customer service looks like so that they can serve customers better.
- Emphasizes social media: Companies who use social media can rapidly improve the customer service they offer.
- Teaches applicable skills: This course shows your employees what good face-to-face customer service looks like, allowing them to better their communication skills.
At the end of this chapter, your employees will be able to:
- Define customer service
- Explain the advantages of using call centers
- Determine why companies use social media to provide customer service
- Learn how to use social media sites appropriately for business-related purposes
- Describe how the face-to-face customer service process works
1. What Is Customer Service? - Definition, Types & Role in Marketing
Customer service is the act of taking care of the customer's needs by providing and delivering professional, helpful, high quality service and assistance before, during, and after the customer's requirements are met.
2. Call Centers: Definition & Types
This lesson will discuss the various types of call centers and how a company may use them to provide customer service. What makes a great call center customer service experience? Learn more here.
3. Social Media in Customer Relationship Management
Social media has become one of the biggest ways organizations connect with their customers. This lesson will provide you with advantages and strategies for using social media to enhance customer relationship management (CRM).
4. Face-to-Face Customer Service Skills
Customer service is an important part of building relationships in business. The use of soft skills will shape the customer experience and play a large role in the decision to return for future business. Learn what these skills are and how to implement them!
5. Practical Application: Assessing Face-to-Face Customer Service Skills
Use the self-assessment questions in this practical application to assess face-to-face customer service skills. You will also find some tips on how to improve in this vital skill area.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.