About This Chapter
Fundamentals of E-commerce - Chapter Summary
In today's society, internet and mobile devices have become an essential aspect of business and commerce, so much so that it's essential for anyone who wishes to study contemporary business to ensure that they learn the basics of E-commerce and M-commerce. If you would like to learn about this particular subject, this chapter contains several video lessons that will serve as great overviews of the basic topics you need to know.
Watch each of these lessons to get important information on the specific ways in which technology has impacted contemporary commerce, as well as major issues and concerns in relation to E-commerce. Our lesson instructors will share their expertise with you in a convenient and easy-to-use online format. Go through this chapter to learn about:
- The impact of information technology on the economy
- Issues and concerns with intellectual property and open source software
- The impact of E-commerce and M-commerce on consumer privacy and fraud
- The effects of technology on careers
- Buying and selling on the web and mobile devices
- E-commerce on an international scale
If you would like to jump to the main points in each lesson, you can use the chapter's helpful video tags, which have bookmarked all of the most significant moments in each video. The chapter also offers you complete video transcripts, should you wish to study a hard copy of each lesson. Your personal Dashboard can also be used to keep track of your learning progress as you learn more about this subject.
1. What is Electronic Commerce? - Definition, Types, Advantages & Disadvantages
In this lesson, learn about electronic commerce and its importance in our modern world. You will also find information about types of electronic commerce as well as some of the pros and cons of the process.
2. Information Technology: Impact on the Economy
3. Impact of e-Commerce and m-Commerce on Consumer Privacy and Fraud
There are a number of challenges in the world of e-commerce and m-commerce stemming from the ease of information exchange over the Internet. The issues discussed in this lesson include consumer privacy and fraud.
4. e-commerce & m-commerce: Buying & Selling on the Web & Mobile Devices
E-commerce and m-commerce have transformed the way that organizations and consumers conduct business. Additional topics discussed in this lesson include B2B, B2C, C2C, and e-government.
5. Internet and Global Marketing: Ecommerce on an International Scale
E-commerce is a low risk business strategy for companies to use for developing an international customer base. The combination of global marketing with an Internet distribution method allows many companies to try their hand at reaching growing target markets overseas.
6. Starting an Internet Business: Strategies & Related Issues
In this lesson, we will address several strategies and factors which help to explain exactly how online startup businesses can be successful, including several online advertising techniques.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NES Business Education (309): Practice & Study Guide course
- Organizational Management in Business
- Organizational Structures
- Human Resource Management in Business
- Human Resource Laws & Requirements
- Business Law & Ethics
- Government Regulations for Consumer Protection
- Taxation for Corporations
- Business Accounting Overview
- Personal Finance & Consumer Economics
- Consumer Credit
- Personal Insurance Coverage
- Computation & Quantitative Analysis in Business
- Microeconomics Concepts & Laws
- Microeconomics Fundamentals for Business
- Macroeconomics Principles for Business
- International Business & Trade
- Principles of Marketing & Market Research
- Consumer Behavior & Customer Satisfaction
- Selling & Sales Forecasting
- Entrepreneurship & Business Plans
- Business Communication Fundamentals
- Information Systems in Business
- Business Software
- Career Development in Business
- NES Business Education Flashcards