About This Chapter
Fundamentals of Marketing - Chapter Summary
It may have been a while since you have gone over marketing fundamentals, but these video lessons present the information in an easy-to-follow format. Within each lesson, our expert instructors discuss important concepts, and they also use visual components to reinforce the information. After you complete this chapter, you should be more adept at answering any question about the following topics:
- The applications and definitions of marketing
- Societal marketing, production, marketing, and sales orientation
- The differences between sales and market orientation
- External factors affecting the marketing environment
- How consumers impact the market and vice versa
- How the economy changes due to industry reactions
- Advantages and disadvantages of marketing technology
- Legal aspects and political issues
- Business competition on the domestic and foreign markets
No matter why you need to review this fundamentals of marketing chapter, rest assured that our materials provide you with a winning strategy. The bulk of our lessons are each no longer than seven minutes, so you can watch a few lessons during your lunch break, or you can spend time watching the whole chapter. Furthermore, if you only want to review certain topics, our lessons are clearly labeled, allowing you to see which topics are included. Underneath each of our videos is a timeline link that lets you click to the exact point in the video where a specific topic is discussed. In addition, after you master everything from this chapter, our site will make recommendations on related chapters that might help you further your study efforts.
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. Marketing, Production, Sales & Societal Marketing Orientation
You will learn the difference between marketing, production, sales and societal marketing orientations and how it can affect a company's financial success.
3. Market Orientation and Sales Orientation: Definition and Differences
You will learn the different ways an organization can focus their internal strengths. You will understand the five main differences between a sales and market orientation.
4. Marketing Environment: External Influences on Marketing Strategy
What influences how a business sells its products - and itself? In this lesson, you will learn more about external influences that affect the marketing strategy of a business.
5. Consumer and Industry Reaction to the Market and Economy
Marketers have to understand the environmental factors that can affect a marketing plan. The economy has a dramatic impact on a marketer's overall strategy for pricing, product development, promotion and logistics.
6. Technology's Impact on Marketing and Marketers
How does technology impact marketing and marketers? In this lesson, you will gain a better understanding of technology, marketing and marketers and of how each one impacts the other.
7. The Political and Legal Environment of Marketing
In this lesson, you will learn about the political and legal environment of marketing. Learn which federal legislation, state laws and regulatory agencies have an effect on businesses.
8. Foreign and Domestic Business Competition: Definition and Regulations
Marketers have to understand the environmental factors that can affect a marketing plan. The competitive landscape has a dramatic impact on a marketer's overall strategy for pricing, product development, promotion and logistics.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Marketing 6-12 (275): Practice & Study Guide course
- Introduction to Business Management
- Organization & Management in Business
- Business Law & Regulation
- Business & Governmental Regulation
- Entrepreneurship & Types of Businesses
- Marketing & Financial Plans in Business
- Accounting Basics for Business
- Risk Management & Credit-Based Relationships
- Marketing Research
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Web & Media Marketing
- Product Planning & Promotion
- Advertising, Sales & Promotion in Marketing
- Product Development & Distribution
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Marketing & the Global Economy
- Sustainable & International Marketing
- Introduction to International Trade
- Public Relations for Business
- Business Leadership & Decision-Making
- Marketing Data Analysis
- Business Math Applications
- Business Technology & Information Systems
- Technology & Tools for Marketing
- Marketing & E-Commerce
- Marketing Education
- Laying the Foundation for a Marketing Career
- Establishing Professionalism at Work
- Marketing Instruction & Assessment
- TExES Marketing 6-12 Flashcards