About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering funny, silly and comic short story material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about various humorous short stories written for kids. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding funny, silly and comedic short stories
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about funny, silly and comic short stories
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra literature resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Funny, Silly & Comic Short Stories for Kids chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Funny, Silly & Comic Short Stories for Kids chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a funny, silly and comic short story unit of a standard short stories for kids course. Topics covered include:
- Funny short stories
- Humorous bedtime short stories
- Short stories by Roald Dahl
- Silly short stories
- Funny ghost stories
- Circus stories
1. Funny Short Stories for Kids
Early readers can become frustrated when stories are too long or don't grab their attention. This makes short funny stories excellent for kids. The following list provides excellent suggestions for keeping the fun in reading.
2. Short Funny Bedtime Stories for Kids
It has been said that laughter is the best medicine. Perhaps it can also be a great trick for getting kids into bed as well! This list of funny and short bedtime stories is designed to keep children giggling right into dreamland.
3. Roald Dahl Short Stories for Kids
Roald Dahl is one of the most beloved children's authors of all time. This lesson shares some of his short stories, which you can use to inspire young readers and enhance their comprehension.
4. Silly Short Stories for Kids
Silliness usually evolves into laughter. This is one of the reasons why being silly is a favorite pastime for children. Why not take advantage of this and choose from this list of silly short stories gathered to enchant your readers.
5. Short Funny Ghost Stories for Kids
Reading ghost stories with kids does not have to be a scary or overwhelming experience. This lesson offers some spooky yet funny ghost stories kids are likely to enjoy.
6. Funny Short Story for Kids
Kids will enjoy this funny story about a troop of Yellowbird Scouts who go on an adventure during a camping trip. Use this story for a lesson on reading comprehension with your students.
7. Circus Stories for Kids
There are few things kids love more than a circus. This is why circus stories are a great choice for young readers. This resource lists and describes popular kids' circus stories and concludes with suggestions for teaching the books.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Short Stories for Kids: Guide for Teachers & Parents course
- Overview of Short Stories for Kids
- Scary, Suspenseful & Mystery Short Stories for Kids
- Short Read-Aloud Stories for Kids
- Short Stories on Religious Topics for Kids
- Short Behavior and Feelings Stories for Kids
- Short Stories About History for Kids
- Holiday Short Stories for Kids
- Short Sports & Games Stories for Kids
- Myths and Legends for Kids
- Short Fiction and Nonfiction Science Stories for Kids
- Short Science Fiction & Fantasy Stories for Kids
- Short Stories About and From Different Cultures
- Short Stories for Reading Comprehension Practice