About This Chapter
Future of Globalization - Chapter Summary
This short collection of international business lessons contains lessons that help you think about the future of our global economy. Our expert instructors break down current trends and developments in international business and challenge you to consider the effects and changing landscape of the global market and environment. Following each lesson is a short quiz to help you check your understanding of the globalization topics you've studied. Upon completion of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain major trends and developments in international business
- Understand how the global business environment affects business
- Assess the changing landscape of the global market
- Identify the winners and losers of globalization
1. Major Trends & Developments in International Business
Entire courses - even entire college degrees - exist to teach people the complexities of international business. While this lesson is just an introduction, it will discuss important trends that are shaping the world's economy.
2. How The Global Business Environment Affects Business: Explanation & Examples
The world is becoming smaller. As globalization continues, businesses will be presented with opportunities and face challenges. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of these challenges and see how businesses can meet them.
3. The Changing Landscape of the Global Market
The global market is still developing, and a market that is developing is dynamic. The constant change offers opportunities and presents risks to countries and their domestic industries. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of these risks and opportunities.
4. The Winners & Losers of Globalization
Globalization is having a major impact on the way that businesses function. In this lesson, we'll see the winners and losers of globalization, as well as some facts to help you reach a conclusion on the idea of a single world market.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 120: International Business course
- Introduction to International Business
- How Culture Affects International Business
- Global Economic Development
- Key Factors in International Trade
- International Trade Management & Regulation
- Exchange Rates & Currency Changes
- International Market Entry Strategies
- Management & Human Resources in International Business
- International Operations Management
- Global Marketing and R&D Strategies
- Communication & Decision-Making in Global Business
- Impact of Globalization on Organizations
- Impact of Globalization on Countries
- Global Business Ethics
- Studying for Business 120