About This Chapter
GACE Health Education: Health Education Teachers - Chapter Summary
If you have a laptop, tablet or cell phone, you can transform wait time into study time. Pull up this GACE Health Education exam prep chapter on any of these devices whenever it is convenient for you, even while waiting in line. You'll refresh your recollection of the roles and responsibilities of health education teachers and be able to do the following::
- Implement health education advocacy programs
- Identify curriculum issues in health education
- Summarize major sources of credible health information
- Teach peer leadership skills to students
- Promote positive lifestyle choices and personal wellness
- Explain the health promotion model
- Discuss the whole school, whole community, whole child model
Complete the multiple-choice lesson quizzes on your touch screen or using your mouse to practice answering exam-type questions and also to gauge your understanding of the material. If you need to go back and review a particular topic, our video tags make it easy. Full transcripts are also available if you want to read over key terms.
1. Implementing Health Education Advocacy Programs
In this lesson, we will explain how to identify opportunities available for health education advocacy programs. We will also include the implementation of curricular and extracurricular programs across a variety of high-interest health-related topics.
2. Curriculum Issues in Health Education
Proper curriculums are crucial when educating health education students. Many issues and factors play a role in the development of these curriculums, and this lesson goes over some important ones.
3. Sources of Health Information: Overview & Reliability
The Internet is full of information and misinformation. This lesson will teach you how to identify the major sources of health information and determine if they are truly credible.
4. What Is the Health Promotion Model? - Definition & Theory
In this lesson, you will learn about the health promotion model and its influences on health behaviors. You will also gain an understanding of the theory behind the health promotion model and how that theory affects health promotion outcomes.
5. Teaching Peer Leadership Skills to Students
In this lesson we will explore methods for training students to be leaders. We will specifically discuss intervention, resistance, and refusal skills, and how to teach those skills to students.
6. Lifestyle Choices and Personal Wellness: Decisions, Behavior & Prevention
What are lifestyle choices? What are acute and chronic problems? Which U.S. agencies are important for disease prevention? You'll find out about this and more in this lesson!
7. The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child Model
The Whole School, Whole Community, and Whole Child (WSCC) model is a comprehensive framework for addressing health and fitness in children. We will explore its main components and provide examples of how to implement them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GACE Health Education (613): Practice & Study Guide course
- GACE Health Education: Psychosocial Health & Well-Being
- GACE Health Education: Emotional Health & Development
- GACE Health Education: Mental Health & Stress
- GACE Health Education: Social Development & Sense of Self
- GACE Health Education: Types of Relationships
- GACE Health Education: Family Structure & Behaviors
- GACE Health Education: Human Development
- GACE Health Education: Human Anatomy & Physiology
- GACE Health Education: Human Reproductive Systems
- GACE Health Education: Contraception & Family Planning
- GACE Health Education: Reproduction, Pregnancy & Birth
- GACE Health Education: Human Sexuality & STDs
- GACE Health Education: Diseases & Immunity
- GACE Health Education: Personal Safety & Injury Prevention
- GACE Health Education: Sources & Functions of Nutrients
- GACE Health Education: Diet & Nutrition
- GACE Health Education: Drug & Substance Abuse
- GACE Health Education Flashcards