About This Chapter
GACE Health Education: Psychosocial Health and Well-Being - Chapter Summary
The lessons contained in this chapter can help you recollect important points related to psychosocial health and well-being that you could encounter on the GACE Health Education exam. The videos cover the following topics:
- Dimensions of health and wellness
- Key components of psychosocial health
- Ways to improve psychosocial health
- Erikson's eight stages of psychosocial development
Our expert instructors present critical material related to psychosocial health that you need to review for the test. Each video lessons includes a written transcript for an alternative review of the material. These transcripts include key terms highlighted in bold for easy identification. You can contact the instructors if you have any questions about the lesson material.
GACE Health Education: Psychosocial Health and Well-Being - Chapter Objectives
The GACE Health Education exam includes two subtests that evaluate your knowledge and comprehension of a wide range of topics on health education. A passing score is needed to be eligible for a license endorsement to teach health in the state of Georgia. The topics in this Psychosocial Health and Well-Being chapter are part of Test I, Subarea I, which addresses Mental and Emotional Health/Sexual Health and accounts for 70% of the questions on Test I. By taking the self-assessment quizzes that accompany the video lessons, you can see how much of the material you have mastered and gain useful experience with the kinds of questions you'll find on the test.
The GACE Health Education exam consists of two separate tests that each take two hours to complete. They each consist of 100 selected-response questions.
1. Health & Wellness: Definition and Dimensions
It's important to be happy and healthy! This lesson will contrast between health and wellness as well as what the different dimension of wellness are and how they interact.
2. What Is Psychosocial Health? - Definition, Components & Traits
Psychosocial health includes four important components of well-being. We'll go over what they are and what traits people with good psychosocial health share in this video lesson.
3. Improving Psychosocial Health - Factors & Positive Steps
What characterizes psychosocial health? This lesson focuses on the important factors that influence an individual's psychosocial health and the positive steps that can be taken to improve psychosocial health.
4. Erik Erikson's Eight Stages of Psychosocial Development: Conflicts & Growth
Erikson identified eight stages of psychosocial development, with each stage presenting a conflict that must be overcome. This lesson will discuss the conflict and growth associated with each stage of development.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GACE Health Education (613): Practice & Study Guide course
- GACE Health Education: Emotional Health & Development
- GACE Health Education: Mental Health & Stress
- GACE Health Education: Social Development & Sense of Self
- GACE Health Education: Types of Relationships
- GACE Health Education: Family Structure & Behaviors
- GACE Health Education: Human Development
- GACE Health Education: Human Anatomy & Physiology
- GACE Health Education: Human Reproductive Systems
- GACE Health Education: Contraception & Family Planning
- GACE Health Education: Reproduction, Pregnancy & Birth
- GACE Health Education: Human Sexuality & STDs
- GACE Health Education: Diseases & Immunity
- GACE Health Education: Personal Safety & Injury Prevention
- GACE Health Education: Sources & Functions of Nutrients
- GACE Health Education: Diet & Nutrition
- GACE Health Education: Drug & Substance Abuse
- GACE Health Education: Health Education Teachers
- GACE Health Education Flashcards