About This Chapter
GACE History: Ancient China - Chapter Summary
Use the lessons found within this chapter to help you refresh your memory about Ancient China, for the GACE History Exam. The videos review all the important information you need to know, including:
- Shang and Zhou Dynasties
- The Qin Dynasty
- The Han Dynasty
- The founding and teachings of Confucianism
- Taoism and the Silk Roads
Our expert instructors guide you through all aspects of Ancient China in preparation for the test. Having various learning strategies aids your studying efforts and makes retention of the material greater.
Objectives of the GACE History: Ancient China Chapter
The GACE History Exam includes two tests with 65 selected-response questions on each. You need to pass the exam to receive your teacher's license in the state of Georgia. The lessons in this Ancient China chapter fall within the World History to 1450 CE subarea. On Test I, 40% of the questions will evaluate your knowledge and comprehension of world history, including Ancient China. Use the self-assessment quizzes to check on how well your studying is going and to practice answering these types of questions on the test.
The questions you will encounter on the exam will require you to read a passage or question. This will be followed by several response alternatives for your review.
1. Ancient China: Shang & Zhou Dynasties
In this lesson, we will study the Shang and Zhou Dynasties. We will pay close attention to the founding, major accomplishments and characteristics, and decline of these dynasties.
2. The Qin Dynasty in China: The Great Wall & Legalism
In this lesson, we will explore the short-lived but powerful Qin Dynasty of China. We will examine the dynasty's founding, life under Qin rule, the Qin legacy, and the downfall of the Qin.
3. The Han Dynasty in China: Characteristics, Wu Ti & Xiongnu
In this lesson, we will explore China's Han dynasty. We will discover the ups and downs of its history and learn about some of its major characteristics and accomplishments.
4. The Founding of Confucianism: Overview & Influence
This lesson will explain the origins of Confucianism by highlighting the life and times of Master Kung, known today as Confucius. In doing so, it will focus on feudalism in China as well as the principle of jen.
5. The Teachings of Confucianism & Taoism
Confucianism and Taoism were the guiding philosophies for many Chinese people for hundreds of years. But, how can two philosophies both work when they are often reaching different conclusions? This lesson explains how.
6. The Silk Roads During the Han Dynasty & The Roman Empire
The Silk Roads connected some of the most diverse cultures in history, as well as providing a link between the superpowers of 2,000 years ago. Learn more about the route that connected the Han Dynasty and Imperial Rome.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GACE History (534): Practice & Study Guide course
- GACE History: Early Civilizations
- GACE History: Ancient Civilizations in the Near East
- GACE History: Bronze & Iron Ages in the Near East
- GACE History: Ancient Africa & Americas
- GACE History: Ancient India
- GACE History: Ancient Greece
- GACE History: Hellenism & the Athenian Achievement
- GACE History: The Rise of the Roman Republic
- GACE History: The Fall of the Roman Empire
- GACE History: The Rise of Christianity
- GACE History: The Byzantine Empire
- GACE History: The Rise of the Islamic Nation
- GACE History: Medieval Europe
- GACE History: Crusades & Church Reform in Medieval Europe
- GACE History: Hundred Years' War
- GACE History: Middle & Late Age Developments in Asia
- GACE History: Africa & the Americas in the Middle & Late Ages
- GACE History: The Renaissance
- GACE History: The Protestant Reformation
- GACE History: The Age of Exploration
- GACE History: The Elizabethan Era
- GACE History: Colonialism
- GACE History: The Scientific Revolution
- GACE History: The Enlightenment
- GACE History: 15th-18th Centuries in Asia & Africa
- GACE History: Revolutions Around the World From 1750-1914
- GACE History: Imperialism
- GACE History: World War I
- GACE History: World War II
- GACE History: The Cold War Era
- GACE History: Spreading Democracy Around the World
- GACE History: Europe & the United States After 1945
- GACE History: Africa & the Middle East After 1945
- GACE History: Asia & the Pacific After 1945
- GACE History: Contemporary Global Developments & Concerns
- GACE History: Colonizing the Americas
- GACE History: Settling North America
- GACE History: The Road to Revolution
- GACE History: The American Revolution
- GACE History: The Making of a New Nation
- GACE History: The Virginia Dynasty
- GACE History: Jacksonian Democracy
- GACE History: Life in Antebellum America
- GACE History: Manifest Destiny
- GACE History: Sectional Crisis
- GACE History: American Civil War
- GACE History: Reconstruction & the Gilded Age
- GACE History: Industrialization & Urbanization
- GACE History: The Progressive Era
- GACE History: American Imperialism
- GACE History: The Roaring 20s
- GACE History: The Great Depression
- GACE History: The US in World War ll
- GACE History: The Cold War
- GACE History: Post-War World
- GACE History: Protests, Activism & Civil Disobedience
- GACE History: The 1970s
- GACE History: The Rise of Political Conservatism
- GACE History: Contemporary America
- GACE History: The History of Georgia
- GACE History Flashcards