About This Chapter
GACE Marketing: Information Management - Chapter Summary
Use the chapter to dust off your memories about information management in the marketing industry. To do your best on one of the major sections of the GACE Marketing Education exam, try reading through our materials to gain more knowledge about the following:
- How marketing information management is regulated
- Ethics in marketing
- Technological advances in marketing
- Information systems
- The components and resources of information systems
If you are on the lookout for a mobile-friendly study program, then look no further. You can access our video lessons, quizzes, transcripts, exams, and everything else we offer on the site through your Wi-Fi-ready devices. The lessons are each around 5-8 minutes in length, so it won't take long to get through the the chapter. Besides providing you with around-the-clock access to all of our test-prep materials, we also allow you to email the instructors in case any last minute questions come up.
GACE Marketing: Information Management Objectives
There GACE Marketing Education exam includes two subtests, and you can elect to take them one at a time or combin e them into one test session. Each subtest has 80 multiple-choice questions. Exam I asks questions across four key areas, whereas Exam II covers five key areas. Marketing information management happens to be the largest category on Exam I, making up 32% of the entire exam. You can use the videos to prepare for these test questions, as well as use the practice quizzes to familiarize yourself with the types of questions that will appear on the test.
1. Regulation of Marketing Information Management
Companies have a vast amount of information available on you. In this lesson, we look at how marketing information management works, how much companies really do know about you, and how they manage that information.
2. Ethical Behavior in Marketing: What Are Marketing Ethics?
Watch our lesson to learn the definition of ethics and how it relates to business and marketing. You will also learn about the idea of ethical business behavior.
3. Technology's Impact on Marketing and Marketers
How does technology impact marketing and marketers? In this lesson, you will gain a better understanding of technology, marketing and marketers and of how each one impacts the other.
4. What Is an Information System?
Information systems are an integral part of businesses. But what, exactly, is an information system? In this lesson, we'll define information systems and then examine the three main components of an information system.
5. Information Systems Resources: Networks, Hardware, Software, Data & People
What are the resources an information system needs? Discover how networks, hardware, software, data and people work together to create usable information.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GACE Marketing Education (546): Practice & Study Guide course
- GACE Marketing: Researching, Collecting & Evaluating Data
- GACE Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation
- GACE Marketing: The Marketing Plan
- GACE Marketing: Role & Impact of Promotion
- GACE Marketing: Economics Overview
- GACE Marketing: Distribution Channels
- GACE Marketing: Pricing Strategies
- GACE Marketing: Product Management
- GACE Marketing: Brand Positioning & Consumer Protection
- GACE Marketing: The Selling Process
- GACE Marketing: Professional Development
- GACE Marketing Education Flashcards