About This Chapter
GACE Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation - Chapter Summary
The versatile lesson videos of this chapter will help you improve your understanding of the different marketing strategies used on a local and global scale as well as the importance and processes of market segmentation. These short, engaging, lesson videos are taught by expert instructors and are viewable on mobile devices so that you can study for the GACE Marketing Education test while on the go. After these lessons you should have a better understanding of:
- Objectives of marketing strategies
- Global marketing strategies
- Competitive advantages of strategic marketing
- Identifying alternative marketing strategies
- Target marketing
- Importance and types of market segments
- Retail segments
- Market planning tools
After you've completed these lesson videos, test what you know about these topics by completing the lesson quizzes and chapter exam. You can use the results from these assessments to discover the subjects you need to improve upon, and then improve your understanding of these topics by returning to the lessons via video tags or reviewing the lesson transcripts.
GACE Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation Objectives
Teachers in the state of Georgia take the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Marketing Education test to demonstrate their understanding of marketing and earn state certification as marketing educators. The GACE Marketing Education exam includes two subtests, composed of 80 multiple-choice questions each. Test takers have the option of takings these subtests separately in two 2.5-hours testing session or together in one five-hour testing session. Twenty-eight percent of the questions on the first subtest are on market planning, and these sections include questions on marketing strategies and segmentation. Use the lessons in this chapter to prepare for questions in this subarea on marketing strategies and market segments.
1. Strategies for Reaching Global Markets: Examples & Types
In 2013, the global market had over seven billion potential consumers with needs and wants to be fulfilled. In this lesson, you'll learn about strategies businesses can use to tap this immense market.
2. International Marketing: The Importance of Global Marketing Strategy
Companies cannot just concentrate on domestic markets if they are to remain competitive. Global marketing allows marketing managers to look for growing target markets and product opportunities overseas.
3. Breaking Into Foreign Markets: International Marketing Strategies
Companies look to international markets to increase their sales and profits. Market managers must decide on the mode of entry into a foreign market. The options, ranging from least to most risky, are exporting, licensing, franchising, contract manufacturing, joint ventures and direct investments.
4. Competitive Advantage: The Importance of Strategic Marketing
Companies have many options when it comes to gaining market share and increasing profits. Learn about strategic marketing and the tools companies use to their advantage.
5. How to Identify Strategic Alternatives in Marketing
Marketing managers must decide the type of strategic alternative that will be undertaken for their marketing plan. Managers can choose from four options to increase sales and profits.
6. Target Market Strategies for Successful Business
If you've ever felt persuaded to buy an item by an ad, you've likely been defined as part of a target market. Though you may not know it, advertisements are created specifically for people similar to you. In this lesson, you'll learn how marketing firms identify a target market, create basic target market strategies and use a marketing mix for a product or service.
7. Ethical & Unethical Target Marketing in Business
Companies are desperate to acquire customers, and some will use inappropriate ways to gain their attention. In this lesson, you'll learn how to discern ethical from unethical target marketing, using the example of marketing to vulnerable populations.
8. Market Segmentation: Why Market Segments Are Important to Marketers
Marketing managers must understand the importance of segmenting a market and the specific criteria for successful segmentation. Before the 1960's, most companies tried to market products to the masses with declining success. It is important to identify key target markets!
9. Market Segmentation: Geographic, Demographic, Psychographic & More
Marketers must be effective at creating niche segments to promote and sell their products or services. There are five specific ways that markets can be segmented in order to create a successful sales opportunity.
10. How to Segment Business Markets Step-by-Step
Discover the four segments of business marketing in this lesson. You will also learn the distinguishing characteristics of each segment so you may easily identify each of them.
11. Retail Segments, Target Markets and Marketing Strategies
In this lesson, you will learn how to identify four different retail segments and gain an understanding of how producers of goods and services use different types of retailers to reach the different target markets that buy their products.
12. Financial Tools, Strategies & Systems Used in Market Planning
The decision to spread your company's operations to a new market is a big one, and one that shouldn't be taken likely. This lesson shows some of the tools involved in market planning.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GACE Marketing Education (546): Practice & Study Guide course
- GACE Marketing: Information Management
- GACE Marketing: Researching, Collecting & Evaluating Data
- GACE Marketing: The Marketing Plan
- GACE Marketing: Role & Impact of Promotion
- GACE Marketing: Economics Overview
- GACE Marketing: Distribution Channels
- GACE Marketing: Pricing Strategies
- GACE Marketing: Product Management
- GACE Marketing: Brand Positioning & Consumer Protection
- GACE Marketing: The Selling Process
- GACE Marketing: Professional Development
- GACE Marketing Education Flashcards