About This Chapter
GACE Marketing: The Marketing Plan - Chapter Summary
Watch this chapter's video lessons to brush up on the process for creating a marketing plan, set a budget for marketing and evaluate the performance of a marketing plan. The videos can help you answer exam questions on the following topics:
- Characteristics of a marketing plan
- SWOT analysis
- Marketing metrics and budgets
- Marketing objectives
- Integrated marketing communications
- Marketing plan controls
- Tools for evaluating a marketing plan
Our expert instructors have developed entertaining and informative lessons that illustrate their points with real world examples. You can watch these lessons on a computer or mobile device, anywhere you have access to the Internet.
Objectives of the GACE Marketing: The Marketing Plan Chapter
In Georgia, passing the GACE Marketing Education Assessment is one of the requirements for certification to teach marketing for grades 6 through 12. This exam is divided into two tests, each with 80 questions, and questions on the material covered in this chapter are on test I's subarea on Market Planning, which accounts for 28% of test I.
All questions on the GACE Marketing Education exam are multiple-choice, and the exam is computer based. The brief quizzes including with each of our lessons offer an opportunity to practice taking this type of test. You can use the quizzes to assess your knowledge and see where additional study is required.
1. What is SWOT: Situation Analysis in Marketing
A successful business needs to know its capabilities as well as the marketplace in which it competes. In this video, learn how to define a mission statement and conduct a situational analysis.
2. Sales Forecasts, Marketing Metrics & Marketing Budgets
Various tools in the marketing world can be useful for projecting and tracking plans and goals. In this lesson, you'll learn more about sales forecasts, marketing metrics, and marketing budgets.
3. What Are Marketing Objectives? - Examples & Overview
Marketing objectives are essential for any organization that wants to raise awareness about itself, its products, or its services. Great marketing objectives should help build organizational awareness and grow customer loyalty.
4. Integrated Marketing Communication and the Marketing Plan
In order to compete in today's difficult market, a marketing manager must create not just a promotional mix, but an integrated marketing communications plan. This is a coordinating plan of promotional messages for a product to ensure consistency. The product's promotional message should be consistent and create an overall integrated theme.
5. How to Evaluate a Marketing Plan
Marketing plans are evaluated to measure their impact on companies and consumers. In this lesson, we will explore how to evaluate marketing plans through customer satisfaction and brand value surveys, Return on Investment calculations, and market share research.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GACE Marketing Education (546): Practice & Study Guide course
- GACE Marketing: Information Management
- GACE Marketing: Researching, Collecting & Evaluating Data
- GACE Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation
- GACE Marketing: Role & Impact of Promotion
- GACE Marketing: Economics Overview
- GACE Marketing: Distribution Channels
- GACE Marketing: Pricing Strategies
- GACE Marketing: Product Management
- GACE Marketing: Brand Positioning & Consumer Protection
- GACE Marketing: The Selling Process
- GACE Marketing: Professional Development
- GACE Marketing Education Flashcards