About This Chapter
GACE Math: Polynomials - Chapter Summary
This chapter reviews the polynomials topics Georgia educators must be capable of teaching. Watch these quick, engaging videos to master the concepts you'll see on the GACE Math assessment, such as:
- Addition, subtraction and multiplication with polynomials
- The remainder theorem, factor theorem and binomial theorem
- The rational zeros theorem and fundamental theorem of algebra
- Basic polynomial graphs and transformations
Please do not forget to take the quiz after each lesson. They are designed to help you get comfortable with important polynomial material and also allow you to pinpoint topics you need to review further.
1. How to Add, Subtract and Multiply Polynomials
Adding, subtracting and multiplying polynomials are, basically, the same as adding, subtracting and multiplying numbers. They only difference is that we have a pesky variable to worry about, but this video will show you that's no problem, so no worries! This method has worked for many of my students, and I think it will work for you, too!
2. Operations with Polynomials in Several Variables
In this video lesson, you will learn how to handle and work with polynomials that have more than one variable. This is important because in math you sometimes have to work with several variables at the same time.
3. How to Divide Polynomials with Long Division
Arithmetic long division and polynomial long division are very similar. Yes, it's a long process, but once you have the rhythm you will get every problem correct!
4. How to Use Synthetic Division to Divide Polynomials
Synthetic division is a 'short-cut' way of dividing a polynomial by a monomial. You still need to know long division, sorry, but this method is way fun when you're dividing by a monomial!
5. Remainder Theorem & Factor Theorem: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about the remainder theorem and the factor theorem. You will also learn how to use these theorems to find remainders and factors of polynomials.
6. Finding Rational Zeros Using the Rational Zeros Theorem & Synthetic Division
After completing this lesson, you will know what the rational zeros theorem says. You will also know how to apply this theorem to find zeros of polynomial functions.
7. Fundamental Theorem of Algebra: Explanation and Example
In this lesson, you will learn what the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra says. You will also learn how to apply this theorem in determining solutions of polynomial functions.
8. Understanding Basic Polynomial Graphs
This lesson will cover understanding basic polynomial graphs. The lesson focuses on how exponents and leading coefficients alter the behavior of the graphs.
9. Basic Transformations of Polynomial Graphs
The basic transformations for a graph are movement up and down, left and right, pinched or stretched graphs, and flipped graphs. This lesson will review how to accomplish each of these transformations.
10. The Binomial Theorem: Defining Expressions
In this lesson, students will learn the binomial theorem and get practice using the theorem to expand binomial expressions. The theorem is broken down into its parts and then reconstructed.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GACE Mathematics (522): Practice & Study Guide course
- GACE Math: Properties of Real Numbers
- GACE Math: Fractions
- GACE Math: Decimals & Percents
- GACE Math: Ratios & Proportions
- GACE Math: Measurements & Conversions
- GACE Math: Logic
- GACE Math: Mathematical Reasoning
- GACE Math: Vector Operations
- GACE Math: Matrices & Determinants
- GACE Math: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- GACE Math: Algebraic Expressions
- GACE Math: Linear Equations
- GACE Math: Inequalities
- GACE Math: Absolute Value Problems
- GACE Math: Quadratic Equations
- GACE Math: Rational Expressions
- GACE Math: Radical Expressions
- GACE Math: Systems of Equations
- GACE Math: Complex Numbers
- GACE Math: Functions
- GACE Math: Piecewise Functions
- GACE Math: Exponential & Logarithmic Functions
- GACE Math: Continuity of Functions
- GACE Math: Limits
- GACE Math: Rate of Change
- GACE Math: Calculating Derivatives & Derivative Rules
- GACE Math: Graphing Derivatives
- GACE Math: Applications of Derivatives
- GACE Math: Area Under the Curve & Integrals
- GACE Math: Integration Techniques
- GACE Math: Integration Applications
- GACE Math: Introduction to Geometric Figures
- GACE Math: Properties of Triangles
- GACE Math: Triangles, Theorems & Proofs
- GACE Math: Parallel Lines & Polygons
- GACE Math: Quadrilaterals
- GACE Math: Circular Arcs & Circles
- GACE Math: Conic Sections
- GACE Math: Geometric Solids
- GACE Math: Analytical Geometry
- GACE Math: Using Trigonometric Functions
- GACE Math: Trigonometric Graphs
- GACE Math: Solving Trigonometric Equations
- GACE Math: Trigonometric Identities
- GACE Math: Sequences & Series
- GACE Math: Graph Theory
- GACE Math: Set Theory
- GACE Math: Overview of Statistics
- GACE Math: Summarizing Data
- GACE Math: Tables & Plots
- GACE Math: Probability
- GACE Math: Discrete Probability Distributions
- GACE Math: Continuous Probability Distributions
- GACE Math: Sampling
- GACE Math: Regression & Correlation
- GACE Mathematics Flashcards