About This Chapter
GACE Math: Sampling - Chapter Summary
Use these lessons and quizzes to brush up on types of samples, formulas for them and the central limit theorem. Our videos equip you to successfully answer questions on the following when you take the GACE Math exam:
- Defining random sampling
- Working with simple, stratified, cluster and systematic random samples
- Understanding and using the central limit theorem
- Finding the standard error and mean of the sampling distribution
These videos can help you re-learn topics you may not have encountered since high school as you prepare for the GACE Math test. You can study whenever you have a few minutes and complete the chapter as your schedule permits.
1. What is Random Sampling? - Definition, Conditions & Measures
Random sampling is used in many research scenarios. In this lesson, you will learn how to use random sampling and find out the benefits and risks of using random samples.
2. Simple Random Samples: Definition & Examples
Simple random sampling is a common method used to collect data in many different fields. From psychology to economics, simple random sampling can be the most feasible way to get information. Learn all about it in this lesson!
3. Stratified Random Samples: Definition, Characteristics & Examples
Random sampling isn't always simple! There are many different types of sampling. In this lesson, you will learn how to use stratified random sampling and when it is most appropriate to use it.
4. Cluster Random Samples: Definition, Selection & Examples
Cluster random sampling is one of many ways you can collect data. Sometimes it can be confusing knowing which way is best. This lesson explains cluster random sampling, how to use it, and the differences between cluster and stratified sampling.
5. Systematic Random Samples: Definition, Formula & Advantages
Systematic random sampling is a great way to randomly collect data on a population without the hassle of putting names in a bag or using a random number generator. In this lesson, learn all about how and when to use systematic random sampling.
6. Sampling Distributions & the Central Limit Theorem: Definition, Formula & Examples
Want proof that all of this normal distribution talk actually makes sense? Then you've come to the right place. In this lesson, we look at sampling distributions and the idea of the central limit theorem, a basic component of statistics.
7. Find the Mean & Standard Error of the Sampling Distribution
Have you ever had a situation where one grade destroyed your average? Wouldn't you like a way of proving that your work was actually pretty good with that one exception? The standard error gives you such a chance.
8. Finding Probabilities About Means Using the Central Limit Theorem
The central limit theorem provides us with a very powerful approach for solving problems involving large amount of data. In this lesson, we'll explore how this is done as well as conditions that make this theorem valid.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GACE Mathematics (522): Practice & Study Guide course
- GACE Math: Properties of Real Numbers
- GACE Math: Fractions
- GACE Math: Decimals & Percents
- GACE Math: Ratios & Proportions
- GACE Math: Measurements & Conversions
- GACE Math: Logic
- GACE Math: Mathematical Reasoning
- GACE Math: Vector Operations
- GACE Math: Matrices & Determinants
- GACE Math: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- GACE Math: Algebraic Expressions
- GACE Math: Linear Equations
- GACE Math: Inequalities
- GACE Math: Absolute Value Problems
- GACE Math: Quadratic Equations
- GACE Math: Polynomials
- GACE Math: Rational Expressions
- GACE Math: Radical Expressions
- GACE Math: Systems of Equations
- GACE Math: Complex Numbers
- GACE Math: Functions
- GACE Math: Piecewise Functions
- GACE Math: Exponential & Logarithmic Functions
- GACE Math: Continuity of Functions
- GACE Math: Limits
- GACE Math: Rate of Change
- GACE Math: Calculating Derivatives & Derivative Rules
- GACE Math: Graphing Derivatives
- GACE Math: Applications of Derivatives
- GACE Math: Area Under the Curve & Integrals
- GACE Math: Integration Techniques
- GACE Math: Integration Applications
- GACE Math: Introduction to Geometric Figures
- GACE Math: Properties of Triangles
- GACE Math: Triangles, Theorems & Proofs
- GACE Math: Parallel Lines & Polygons
- GACE Math: Quadrilaterals
- GACE Math: Circular Arcs & Circles
- GACE Math: Conic Sections
- GACE Math: Geometric Solids
- GACE Math: Analytical Geometry
- GACE Math: Using Trigonometric Functions
- GACE Math: Trigonometric Graphs
- GACE Math: Solving Trigonometric Equations
- GACE Math: Trigonometric Identities
- GACE Math: Sequences & Series
- GACE Math: Graph Theory
- GACE Math: Set Theory
- GACE Math: Overview of Statistics
- GACE Math: Summarizing Data
- GACE Math: Tables & Plots
- GACE Math: Probability
- GACE Math: Discrete Probability Distributions
- GACE Math: Continuous Probability Distributions
- GACE Math: Regression & Correlation
- GACE Mathematics Flashcards