About This Chapter
Gathering Customer Feedback - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, instructors have put together lessons that address the importance of customer feedback and effective ways of acquiring this feedback. As an HR trainer or manager, you can use this corporate training chapter to help your employees learn about the following:
- Importance of gathering customer feedback
- Methods used to measure customer feedback
- The purpose of the customer feedback loop
Thanks to interactive lessons, your employees can get a better understanding of how customer feedback is gathered out in the real world. After having them go over these lessons, use the corresponding quizzes to assess their understanding.
How It Helps
- Breaks processes down: Your employees can use this chapter to break down methods for getting customer feedback, allowing them to be more effective at solving customer-related issues.
- Builds awareness: Employees get to examine the strategies for gathering customer feedback, helping them to discover the method that works best for your company.
- Fosters positive customer relations: Since this chapter explains how to use customer feedback loops, your employees can effectively maintain positive customer relations and improve customer satisfaction.
Once your employees complete this chapter, they should be able to:
- Understand why customer feedback is important for many businesses today
- Identify the relationship between retention and customer satisfaction
- Describe effective methods used to gain customer feedback
- Determine the benefits of using a customer feedback loop
1. Customer Feedback: Definition, Uses & Importance
In this lesson, we'll explore customer feedback, an important aspect of business ownership. By asking customers for opinions about goods and services offered by their businesses, owners gain a better understanding of what clients are looking for and how to meet those needs.
2. Measuring Customer Satisfaction to Improve Retention
Customer satisfaction is the key to a successful business. This lesson will discuss different customer satisfaction measurements that can improve retention and build relationships with customers.
3. Practical Application: Measuring Customer Satisfaction Using Surveys & Focus Groups
In business, making assumptions about customers can be a big mistake. Customers may not want what businesses assume they want. In some cases, customers struggle to articulate what they want. To combat this, companies use surveys and focus groups.
4. How to Create & Use Customer Feedback Loops
Looking into customer feedback is essential for any business. This lesson will explain customer feedback loops, provide an example of how to create customer feedback loops, and demonstrate how to use them in order to improve the service provided.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.