About This Chapter
GED Math: Ratio, Proportion & Percent - Chapter Summary
You can discover new information or review things you already know about how to solve ratio, proportion and percent problems by taking a look at the lessons in this chapter. They will gear you up for taking the GED math exam. When you are done with all of the lessons, you will be more familiar with the following topics:
- How to calculate ratios and proportions
- Identifying the base, part and rate
- Practice with percent change problems
You have the convenience and flexibility to study how you want. All of the resources in this chapter such as the lessons, quizzes and chapter test are mobile friendly. Whether you like studying at home on your home computer or on-the-go on your tablet, you have choices.
1. Calculations with Ratios and Proportions
Even if only 99 out of 100 people need to know how to work with ratios, the odds that they'll be useful to you are very high. In this lesson, we'll practice performing calculations with ratios and proportions.
2. Percents & the Percent Formula: Definition & Examples
Understanding percents can help you quickly determine how much things cost and many other things. In this lesson, you will learn what percents are and how to use the percent formula.
3. Operations with Percents: Simple Interest & Percent Change
In this lesson, we'll learn how simple interest can earn (or cost) you money. We'll also look at percent change problems to better understand how discounts and markups work.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GED Math: Quantitative, Arithmetic & Algebraic Problem Solving course
- About the GED: Mathematical Reasoning
- GED Question Types
- GED Math: Number Sense & Problem Solving
- GED Math: Decimals & Fractions
- GED Math: Data, Probability & Statistics
- GED Math: Algebra Basics, Expressions & Polynomials
- GED Math: Equations, Inequalities & Functions
- GED Math: Geometry
- GED Math: Problem Solving Flashcards