About This Chapter
General & Historical Literary Terms in Spanish - Chapter Summary
This online Spanish chapter helps you quickly review and memorize general/historical literary terms. Using concise definitions and translations, our expert instructors outline Spanish literary terms at basic, intermediate and advanced levels. You can work through the chapter at your own pace using your desktop, laptop, mobile device or tablet. The chapter also includes interactive self-assessment quizzes to hep you remember important literary terms. Completing this chapter will help you:
- Understand basic Spanish literature vocabulary
- Translate intermediate and advanced Spanish literary terms
- Comprehend intermediate and advanced historical literature terms in Spanish
1. Basic Literature Terms in Spanish
This lesson provides you with the basic terminology to talk about literature in Spanish. Learn the main vocabulary and their definitions and see some relevant examples in this lesson.
2. Intermediate Literature Terms in Spanish
Ready to improve your knowledge of literature terms in Spanish? In this lesson, you'll learn some interesting literary words and expressions, such as ambiguity, fable or in medias res.
3. Advanced Literature Terms in Spanish
This lesson will cover some advanced literature terms in Spanish. We will see some important techniques that can be used in narrative, theater or in poetry such as allegory, apology, caricature and several others.
4. Intermediate Historical Literature Terms in Spanish
In this lesson we will look at some important terms of historical literature in Spanish. We will examine several successful literary genres and both Spanish and Latin American literary movements in chronological order.
5. Advanced Historical Literature Terms in Spanish
Would you like to be able to discuss Spanish literature? You don't have to be intimidated by this topic because this lesson gives you some key Spanish literary history terms along with examples of authors you can use in conversation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Spanish Literature and Culture: Exam Prep course
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Narrative Genres
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Poetic Genres
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Dramatic Genres
- Rhetorical Figures in Spanish Literature
- Overview of Medieval Spanish Literature (1100-1500)
- Overview of Don Quixote
- The Golden Age of Spanish Literature (1500-1659)
- 20th Century Spanish Literature
- The Latin American Boom
- Contemporary Spanish Literature
- Writing & Composition in Spanish
- AP Spanish Literature & Culture Flashcards