About This Chapter
General Real Estate Topics - Chapter Summary
If you're looking for a resource designed to boost your understanding of real estate, this chapter can help! Entertaining lessons provide an in-depth look at different aspects of real estate, including constructing a house, buying and selling a home and analyzing the real estate market. Once you've completed this chapter, you will be ready to:
- Discuss methods, terminology and styles associated with basic home construction
- Describe the federal income taxes home sellers and homebuyers must pay
- Explain how real estate agents calculate income/expense ratios to qualify a homebuyer
- Define comparative marketing analysis, and describe how this analysis can be used in real life
Review the lessons in any sequence that suits your study needs as you aim to better comprehend the basics of real estate. This chapter is accessible anytime from any computer, smartphone or tablet. Before, during or after reviewing the lessons, take short quizzes to assess your understanding of concepts covered. If you need additional details about chapter topics, be sure to send your questions to our experts.
1. Basic House Construction: Methods, Terminology & Styles
This lesson provides an overview covering the construction wood frame houses in the United States. Common terminology and methods will be discussed. In addition, common architectural styles will be described.
2. Federal Income Taxation for Homeowners & Home Sellers
One of the advantages of homeownership over renting is that it offers a number of advantages with regard to federal taxes. Let's examine what impact homeownership and sales has on someone's taxes.
3. Home Buyer Qualification Calculations
In this lesson we will look at some of the financial ratios used to determine how much of a monthly mortgage payment a buyer can qualify for, without wasting time on unaffordable properties.
4. Comparative Marketing Analysis in Real Estate
In this lesson, we will examine the meaning of 'comparative marketing analysis' in real estate and discover how we can leverage this concept in real life.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the North Carolina Real Estate Broker License: Study Guide course
- Agency Relationships
- Types of Contracts
- Real Estate Contracts
- Real Property Ownership
- Land Use: Restrictions, Regulations & Government Control
- Finance & Financing in Real Estate
- Government Oversight in Real Estate
- Real Property Measurement & Valuation
- Conveyance of Real Property
- Marketing Regulations in Real Estate
- Property Management & Tenant Rights
- Real Estate Calculations
- North Carolina Real Estate License Law
- North Carolina Real Estate Broker License Flashcards