About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your genetic engineering basics homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your genetic engineering basics homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Definition of genetic engineering
- Examples of genetic engineering
- Importance of DNA plasmids
1. What is Genetic Engineering? - Definition and Examples
How do we make the insulin used by diabetic patients? In this lesson, you'll learn the basics of how genetic engineering can be used to transform a bacterial host cell into a genetically-modified organism that produces human insulin.
2. What is a DNA Plasmid? - Importance to Genetic Engineering
DNA plasmids play an integral part in most genetic engineering experiments. In this lesson, you'll learn about key features of a plasmid, such as a multiple cloning site, an origin of replication, and a selectable marker.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Middle School Life Science: Homework Help Resource course
- Introduction to Life Science: Homework Help
- Characteristics & Chemicals of Life: Homework Help
- The Parts of Cells: Homework Help
- DNA Replication & Mutation: Homework Help
- Cell Division & the Cell Cycle: Homework Help
- How Living Organisms Get Energy: Homework Help
- Classification of Organisms: Homework Help
- The Origin & History of Life On Earth: Homework Help
- Genetics & Hereditary Traits: Homework Help
- Natural Selection & Evolution in Life Science: Homework Help
- Microbiology & Types of Microbes: Homework Help
- Introduction to Ecosystems: Homework Help
- Types of Ecosystems: Homework Help
- Changing Ecosystems: Homework Help
- Invertebrates: Homework Help
- Animal Behavior & Communication: Homework Help
- Mammal Reproduction & Development: Homework Help
- The Cardiovascular System: Homework Help
- The Blood Vessels: Homework Help
- The Digestive System: Homework Help
- The Urinary & Endocrine Systems: Homework Help
- The Muscular System: Homework Help
- The Skeletal System & Connective Tissue: Homework Help
- Sight, Hearing & Other Senses: Homework Help
- Health Issues & Concerns: Homework Help
- Plant Biology & Structure: Homework Help
- How Plants Grow & Reproduce: Homework Help
- Environmental Concerns: Homework Help
- Natural Resources: Homework Help