About This Chapter
Geography of the Eastern Hemisphere - Chapter Summary
This chapter explores a variety of key geography and cultural features of the Eastern Hemisphere. Our engaging lessons introduce you to major places within this region, as well as its climate and economies. Additional lessons cover major political agreements and treaties. Other topics delved into include:
- Major countries, cities, and physical features of the Eastern Hemisphere
- Culture and commerce influences in this region
- Regional connections throughout the Eastern Hemisphere
- Significant international organizations
- Global issues related to regions in the Eastern Hemisphere
Make sure you've mastered the material topic-by-topic by taking practice quizzes that accompany each lesson. And when you've gone through everything, the practice final exam at the end of the chapter can help you determine your overall understanding of the content.
1. Eastern Hemisphere: Major Countries, Cities & Physical Features
The Eastern Hemisphere is home to massive hot deserts, gigantic countries, highly populated cities, tall mountains, and much more. Learn about some of the countries, cities and physical features of the Eastern Hemisphere in this lesson.
2. Climates of the Eastern Hemisphere
This lesson goes over the many different climate types found in the Eastern Hemisphere using the Koppen climate classification system. This system defines the many different regions of the world based on temperature, rainfall and other climate factors.
3. The Economies of the Eastern Hemisphere
In this lesson, we will discuss the economies of major countries within the eastern hemisphere. We will examine their mining, agriculture, forestry, manufacturing, and service activities and how it affects the economy.
4. Regional Connections Within the Eastern Hemisphere
In this lesson, learn about some of the connections among the people in the Eastern Hemisphere. Explore this side of the world and examine important integration initiatives, as well as migrations within the hemisphere.
5. Political Agreements & Treaties of the Eastern Hemisphere
Explore some important political agreements between countries of the Eastern Hemisphere and learn about treaties that have affected the politics on this side of the world, like the Berlin Conference, the Korean Armistice and the Warsaw Pact.
6. Impact of Global Issues on the Eastern Hemisphere
In this lesson, learn about some of the global issues that are affecting the countries of the Eastern Hemisphere and examine their impact. Explore the effects of issues like population growth, pollution, poverty and armed conflicts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Social Studies (Elementary) (105): Practice & Study Guide course
- Social Science Basics
- Social Science Inquiry & Research
- Historical Text & Information Analysis
- Early Civilizations & Cultures
- Contributions & History of Ancient Greece
- Rise of the Roman Republic
- Development of Religions
- Islamic Culture
- Fall of the Roman Empire
- Ancient China
- Early Civilizations in the Americas
- Feudalism in Europe & the Early Middle Ages
- Renaissance & Reformation
- European Expansion (1450-1750)
- Scientific & Political Revolutions Since 1700
- European Imperialism
- Settling North America & the Colonies
- Events & Leaders of the American Revolution
- Early Evolution of American Government
- 19th Century American Expansion & Reform
- The American Civil War
- After the Civil War: Reconstruction
- American Industrialization of the Late 19th Century
- American Imperialism
- A World at War - WWI
- 1920s America
- America and the Great Depression
- Significant Events of World War II
- Post-WWII World Cultures & Politics (1946-1959)
- Developments & Movements Since 1945
- Events & Presidents During the Cold War (1950-1973)
- Michigan History
- Basic Geography Concepts
- Effects of Humans on the Environment
- Human Systems & Culture
- Geography of the Western Hemisphere
- Impact of Politics on Geography
- Inter-Continental Organizations
- International Treaties, Agreements & Organizations
- Government & Political Systems
- Important Speeches & Documents in US History
- US Government, Political Process & Citizenship
- History of Political Parties in the U.S.
- US Policy Making
- US Legal System & Landmark Supreme Court Cases
- Business and the Economy
- Basics of International Economics
- Analyzing Democratic Values
- MTTC Social Studies (Elementary) Flashcards