About This Chapter
Geography of the Midwestern U.S. Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
If you need to plan lessons about the geography of the Midwestern United States, use this teacher resource chapter to simplify the lesson planning process. Our comprehensive lesson plan outlines can help you plan geography lessons on places like:
- The Great Plains
You can also show your students the chapter's supplemental lessons that cover interesting facts about these particular locations. The chapter also includes assignable quizzes that can help your students retain the geography topics you cover in class.
How It Helps
- Lesson planning: Provides a one-stop and easy-to-use solution for planning a fully dimensional Midwestern U.S. geography unit.
- Convenient access: Offers 24/7 access to the material, and allows you to pull up these resources on any device that has an Internet connection.
- Increases student knowledge: The included topical lessons are taught in an engaging teaching style, which helps students remember important geography terms, concepts and facts.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning geography lessons about the Midwestern United States easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific Midwestern U.S. geography topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your geography class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related geography lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important Midwestern U.S. geography concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant geography-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. The Great Plains Lesson Plan
The Great Plains area hold great historical significance. This lesson plan uses an informative video lesson to explain key facts and a mapping activity to bring this region to life for students.
2. The Great Plains: Facts & History
One of the most recognizable and iconic landscapes in America is that of the Great Plains. This region has been crucial to the economy, ecology and history of the US.
3. Missouri History Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Teach your students about the State of Missouri's history with this lesson plan. Students will read a text lesson about Missouri's background and show understanding of concepts in discussions and activities.
4. Indiana Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Teach your students about the state of Indiana with this lesson plan. Students will read a text lesson that gives facts and history of the state, discuss content and participate in an application project.
5. Illinois Lesson Plan for Elementary School
What is unique about the State of Illinois? This lesson plan uses a text lesson to highlight key facts about the state for students. An activity allows for creativity in demonstrating what was learned.
6. Kansas Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Learning about the different states in the United States can be fun and exciting. This lesson plan uses a text lesson and discussion questions to explain key facts about Kansas. Students will then explore their understanding of Kansas through both a research/presentation project and a hands-on art activity.
7. Facts About Kansas: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson you will learn about the fascinating state of Kansas and all it has to offer. We'll explore the geography, climate, history, and goods produced in this U.S. state.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Teaching Geography of the Americas course