About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other GMAT prep work.
- Identify the basic geometric graphing concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our GMAT prep tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn geometric graphing basics and prepare for the exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the number line, parts of a graph or any other geometric graphing basics topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their learning
- Prefer learning quantitative skills visually
- Find themselves struggling to prepare for the GMAT
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in preparing for the GMAT
- Don't have access to their GMAT prep instructor outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning geometric graphing basics simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live GMAT tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn geometric graphing basics on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn to identify points on a number line.
- Practice addition and subtraction using a number line.
- Review fundamental vocabulary related to parts of a graph.
- Study Cartesian coordinates.
- Find out how to identify and plot points on a graph.
1. What Is a Number Line?
A number line is a visual representation of all real numbers. In this lesson, we'll learn how to identify points on a number line. We'll also practice addition and subtraction, letting the number line do all the hard work.
2. What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
Being able to read a graph isn't just vital for an algebra class. Graphs and charts are used everywhere! We'll take a crash course on the basic x/y plane used in algebra and the fundamental vocab you need.
3. Plotting Points on the Coordinate Plane
If you'll be working with a graph, otherwise known as the coordinate plane, it's essential to understand how it works. This includes learning the parts of a graph, identifying points and plotting points.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GMAT Prep: Tutoring Solution course
- Basic Arithmetic Calculations: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Numbers: Tutoring Solution
- Decimals and Percents: Tutoring Solution
- Data & Statistics: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Algebraic Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- Exponents: Tutoring Solution
- Algebraic Linear Equations & Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- Algebra - Absolute Value Equations & Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- Algebra - Polynomials: Tutoring Solution
- Algebra - Rational Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- Perimeter, Area & Volume: Tutoring Solution
- Geometric Properties of Objects: Tutoring Solution
- Geometric Graphing Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Conventions in Writing - Grammar: Tutoring Solution
- Usage Conventions in Writing: Tutoring Solution
- Reading Comprehension for Test-Taking: Tutoring Solution
- Critical Reasoning for Test-Taking: Tutoring Solution
- Practical Applications for Test-Taking: Tutoring Solution
- Essay Writing Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Essay Clarity: Tutoring Solution
- Editing Your Writing: Tutoring Solution
- Practicing Analytical Writing: Tutoring Solution