About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your geometric solids homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your geometric solids homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Properties of lines and planes in space
- Defining prisms
- Calculating the area and volume of prisms
- Defining pyramids
- Calculating the area and volume of pyramids
- Defining cylinders
- Calculating the area and volume of cylinders
- Defining cones
- Calculating the area and volume of cones
- Defining spheres
- Calculating the area and volume of spheres
1. Planes and the Polyhedron: Definition and Example
Did you ever wonder what the pyramids in Egypt have to do with math? Watch this video to find out where in math a pyramid comes into play. Also, learn how flat, 2-dimensional shapes also come into play.
2. What Are Platonic Solids? - Definition and Types
Watch this video lesson, and you will learn that there are only five platonic solids in the whole world. You will also learn what they look like and see real-life examples.
3. Prisms: Definition, Area & Volume
Watch this video lesson and you will see that there are different kinds of prisms. You will also learn how to separate a prism into its various parts so you can easily find the surface area. You will also learn the formula for the volume.
4. Pyramids: Definition, Area & Volume
Do you think of the great pyramids of Egypt when you hear the word pyramids? Watch this video lesson to learn why they are called pyramids and also how to find their surface area and volume.
5. What Are Cylinders? - Definition, Area & Volume
Watch this video lesson to learn why soda cans are cylinders and the method by which you can discover how much soda can fit inside by finding the volume. You will also learn about finding a cylinder's surface area.
6. Cones: Definition, Area & Volume
Watch this video lesson to learn where in the real world you will see cones. Also, you will learn the formulas for finding the surface area and volume of these cones.
7. Spheres: Definition, Area & Volume
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can find the surface area and volume of spheres. Learn the formulas and measurements you need to solve problems and discover how to identify spheres in the real world.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Geometry: Homework Help Resource course
- Foundations of Geometry: Homework Help
- Logic in Mathematics: Homework Help
- Introduction to Geometric Figures: Homework Help
- Properties of Triangles: Homework Help
- Triangles, Theorems and Proofs: Homework Help
- Parallel Lines and Polygons: Homework Help
- Similar Polygons: Homework Help
- Quadrilaterals: Homework Help
- Circular Arcs and Circles: Homework Help
- Conic Sections: Homework Help
- Analytical Geometry: Homework Help
- Introduction to Trigonometry: Homework Help