About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your geometry and trigonometry homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your geometry and trigonometry homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Using a graphical approach to visualizing geometry problems
- Calculating the volumes of basic shapes
- Finding distance with the Pythagorean Theorem
- Using sine and cosine in trigonometry
- Understanding how the Pythagorean Theorem is used in trigonometry
1. How to Solve Visualizing Geometry Problems
A picture is worth a thousand words, but sometimes drawing that picture can be like doing origami with your eyes closed. Practice translating complex problems into simple, meaningful images in this lesson.
2. How to Calculate the Volumes of Basic Shapes
Squares pegs = square holes. Triangular pegs = triangular holes. But where does a sphere go? In this lesson, review volumes of common shapes while contrasting a sphere and a cylinder - after all, they both go into the circular hole... right?
3. Finding Distance with the Pythagorean Theorem
How much faster is it to cut the corners in a race around the block? In this lesson, review the Pythagorean Theorem, and figure out how to solve without a right triangle.
4. Trigonometry: Sine and Cosine
Learn an easy trick to help you solve trigonometry problems, including problems with sine, cosine and inverse trig functions. At the end of this lesson, you'll know what SohCahToa means and how to use it.
5. Trigonometry and the Pythagorean Theorem
Explore how the Pythagorean Theorem can be used in conjunction with trigonometric functions. In this lesson, take an inverse trigonometric function, and define all three sides of a right triangle.
6. Semicircle: Definition, Perimeter & Area Formulas
In this lesson, you'll discover what a semicircle is. You'll also discover the formulas for perimeter and area that will work on every semicircle. Then, test your knowledge by taking a brief quiz.
7. Angle Pairs: Types & Concept
There are five major types of angle pairs in geometry. In this lesson, you'll explore the different types of angles and learn the rules of measuring those angles. When you finish the lesson, test your knowledge with a short quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Precalculus: Homework Help Resource course
- Functions: Homework Help
- Evaluating Exponential and Logarithmic Functions: Homework Help
- Inequalities: Homework Help
- Foundations and Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Graphing and Rational Equations: Homework Help
- Factoring and Graphing Quadratic Equations: Homework Help
- Exponents and Polynomials: Homework Help
- Piecewise and Composite Functions: Homework Help
- Using Scientific Calculators: Homework Help
- Trigonometry: Homework Help