About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering AP calculus material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn AP calculus. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding geometry and trigonometry concepts
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about geometry and trigonometry in AP calculus
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the geometry and trigonometry for AP calculus chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the geometry and trigonometry in AP calculus chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about geometry and trigonometry. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a geometry and trigonometry unit of a standard AP Calculus AB and BC course. Topics covered include:
- Solving visualizing geometry problems
- Calculating the volumes of basic shapes
- Finding distance with the Pythagorean Theorem
- Graphing sines and cosines
- Using the Pythagorean Theorem for trigonometry problems
1. How to Solve Visualizing Geometry Problems
A picture is worth a thousand words, but sometimes drawing that picture can be like doing origami with your eyes closed. Practice translating complex problems into simple, meaningful images in this lesson.
2. How to Calculate the Volumes of Basic Shapes
Squares pegs = square holes. Triangular pegs = triangular holes. But where does a sphere go? In this lesson, review volumes of common shapes while contrasting a sphere and a cylinder - after all, they both go into the circular hole... right?
3. Finding Distance with the Pythagorean Theorem
How much faster is it to cut the corners in a race around the block? In this lesson, review the Pythagorean Theorem, and figure out how to solve without a right triangle.
4. Trigonometry: Sine and Cosine
Learn an easy trick to help you solve trigonometry problems, including problems with sine, cosine and inverse trig functions. At the end of this lesson, you'll know what SohCahToa means and how to use it.
5. Trigonometry and the Pythagorean Theorem
Explore how the Pythagorean Theorem can be used in conjunction with trigonometric functions. In this lesson, take an inverse trigonometric function, and define all three sides of a right triangle.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Calculus AB & BC: Help and Review course
- Functions in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Graphing and Functions in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Sequences and Series in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Limits in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Continuity in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Exponentials and Logarithms in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Exponents and Polynomials in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Applications of Derivatives in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Calculating Derivatives & Derivative Rules in AP Calculus: Help & Review
- Calculus - Derivatives Calculations & Rules: Help & Review
- Differential Equations in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Area Under the Curve and Integrals in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- L'Hopital's Rule & Graphing Derivatives: Help & Review
- Integration Applications in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Rate of Change in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- How to Use Scientific Calculators for AP Calculus: Help and Review