About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your geometry and trigonometry in AP calculus homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your geometry and trigonometry homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Solving visualizing geometry problems
- Calculating volumes of basic shapes
- Finding distance with the Pythagorean Theorem
- Graphing sine and cosine
- Using the Pythagorean Theorem in trigonometry
1. How to Solve Visualizing Geometry Problems
A picture is worth a thousand words, but sometimes drawing that picture can be like doing origami with your eyes closed. Practice translating complex problems into simple, meaningful images in this lesson.
2. How to Calculate the Volumes of Basic Shapes
Squares pegs = square holes. Triangular pegs = triangular holes. But where does a sphere go? In this lesson, review volumes of common shapes while contrasting a sphere and a cylinder - after all, they both go into the circular hole... right?
3. Finding Distance with the Pythagorean Theorem
How much faster is it to cut the corners in a race around the block? In this lesson, review the Pythagorean Theorem, and figure out how to solve without a right triangle.
4. Trigonometry: Sine and Cosine
Learn an easy trick to help you solve trigonometry problems, including problems with sine, cosine and inverse trig functions. At the end of this lesson, you'll know what SohCahToa means and how to use it.
5. Trigonometry and the Pythagorean Theorem
Explore how the Pythagorean Theorem can be used in conjunction with trigonometric functions. In this lesson, take an inverse trigonometric function, and define all three sides of a right triangle.
6. Arccosine: Definition & Overview
Arccosine is an inverse trigonometric function. It happens to be the inverse of cosine and can be used to solve more complicated right angle problems. This lesson will define the arccosine in more detail and give some example problems. Be prepared for a quiz at the end of the lesson.
7. Arcsine: Definition & Overview
The arcsine is the inverse operation of the sine function. This lesson will give a definition of the arcsine and provide examples of how it can be used to find the measure of an angle. A quiz following the lesson will help cement what you've learned.
8. Arctan: Definition, Function & Formula
The arctan, or arctangent, is the inverse function of the tangent function. This lesson will define the arctan, describe its function, and take you through some examples.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Calculus AB & BC: Homework Help Resource course
- Functions in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Graphing and Functions in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Sequences and Series in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Limits in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Continuity in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Exponentials and Logarithms in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Exponents and Polynomials in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Applications of Derivatives in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Calculating Derivatives and Derivative Rules in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Differential Equations in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Area Under the Curve and Integrals in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Graphing Derivatives and L'Hopital's Rule in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Integration and Integration Techniques in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Integration Applications in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Rate of Change in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- How to Use Scientific Calculators for AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource