About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other AP calculus work.
- Identify the geometry and trigonometry concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our AP calculus tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about geometry and trigonometry for AP calculus and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding how to solve visualizing geometry problems, calculate volumes of shapes, find distance with the Pythagorean Theorem or any other geometry and trigonometry in AP calculus topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their geometry and trigonometry in AP calculus unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in AP calculus
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about geometry and trigonometry for AP calculus simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live calculus tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about geometry and trigonometry on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Solve visualizing geometry problems.
- Calculate the volumes of basic shapes.
- Use the Pythagorean Theorem to find distance.
- Graph sines and cosines.
- Learn the applications of the Pythagorean Theorem in trigonometry.
1. How to Solve Visualizing Geometry Problems
A picture is worth a thousand words, but sometimes drawing that picture can be like doing origami with your eyes closed. Practice translating complex problems into simple, meaningful images in this lesson.
2. How to Calculate the Volumes of Basic Shapes
Squares pegs = square holes. Triangular pegs = triangular holes. But where does a sphere go? In this lesson, review volumes of common shapes while contrasting a sphere and a cylinder - after all, they both go into the circular hole... right?
3. Finding Distance with the Pythagorean Theorem
How much faster is it to cut the corners in a race around the block? In this lesson, review the Pythagorean Theorem, and figure out how to solve without a right triangle.
4. Trigonometry: Sine and Cosine
Learn an easy trick to help you solve trigonometry problems, including problems with sine, cosine and inverse trig functions. At the end of this lesson, you'll know what SohCahToa means and how to use it.
5. Trigonometry and the Pythagorean Theorem
Explore how the Pythagorean Theorem can be used in conjunction with trigonometric functions. In this lesson, take an inverse trigonometric function, and define all three sides of a right triangle.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Calculus AB & BC: Tutoring Solution course
- Functions in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing and Functions in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Sequences and Series in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Limits in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Continuity in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Exponentials and Logarithms in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Exponents and Polynomials in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Applications of Derivatives in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- AP Calculus - Derivatives Calculations & Rules: Tutoring Solution
- Differential Equations in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Area Under the Curve and Integrals in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- AP Calculus - Graphing Derivatives & L'Hopital's Rule: Tutoring Solution
- AP Calculus - Integration: Tutoring Solution
- Integration Applications in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Rate of Change in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- How to Use Scientific Calculators for AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution