About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your geometry basics for precalculus homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your geometry basics for precalculus homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Circle area and circumference
- Circle formulas and graphs
- The distance and midpoint formulas
- Geometry problem-solving strategies
- Volumes of basic shapes
- Applications of the Pythagorean theorem
1. Circles: Area and Circumference
Understanding how to calculate the area and circumference of circles plays a vital role in some of our everyday functions. They serve as the foundation for operating with three-dimensional figures. Learn more about the area and circumference of circles in this lesson.
2. Graphing Circles: Identifying the Formula, Center and Radius
Discover how to graph circles by finding key information like the center and radius. Identify circles by simply looking at the formula, and vice versa.
3. Write the Standard Form of an Equation by Completing the Square
In math, we have a process called completing the square where you take your quadratic equation and rewrite it to make it easier to solve. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can do this process easily yourself.
4. How to Use The Distance Formula
You can't always rely on your smartphone to tell you how far you need to travel to get from point A to point B. The distance formula will tell you the distance between any two points on a graph. In this lesson, you'll learn where it comes from and how to use it!
5. How to Use The Midpoint Formula
The formula for the midpoint of a line segment will tell you how to find the middle of any line segment on the x, y plane. Learn about this formula and see how it is used to find the midpoint of a line segment.
6. How to Solve Visualizing Geometry Problems
A picture is worth a thousand words, but sometimes drawing that picture can be like doing origami with your eyes closed. Practice translating complex problems into simple, meaningful images in this lesson.
7. How to Calculate the Volumes of Basic Shapes
Squares pegs = square holes. Triangular pegs = triangular holes. But where does a sphere go? In this lesson, review volumes of common shapes while contrasting a sphere and a cylinder - after all, they both go into the circular hole... right?
8. Finding Distance with the Pythagorean Theorem
How much faster is it to cut the corners in a race around the block? In this lesson, review the Pythagorean Theorem, and figure out how to solve without a right triangle.
9. Trigonometry and the Pythagorean Theorem
Explore how the Pythagorean Theorem can be used in conjunction with trigonometric functions. In this lesson, take an inverse trigonometric function, and define all three sides of a right triangle.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Precalculus: Homework Help Resource course
- Working with Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Working With Inequalities: Homework Help
- Absolute Value Equations: Homework Help
- Working with Complex Numbers: Homework Help
- Systems of Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Mathematical Modeling: Homework Help
- Introduction to Quadratics: Homework Help
- Working with Quadratic Functions: Homework Help
- Functions - Basics for Precalculus: Homework Help
- Understanding Function Operations: Homework Help
- Graph Symmetry: Homework Help
- Graphing with Functions: Homework Help
- Rate of Change in Precalculus: Homework Help
- Polynomial Functions Basics: Homework Help
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions: Homework Help
- Rational Functions & Difference Quotients: Homework Help
- Rational Expressions and Function Graphs: Homework Help
- Exponential Functions & Logarithmic Functions: Homework Help
- Using Trigonometric Functions: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Graphs: Homework Help
- Solving Trigonometric Equations: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Identities: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Applications in Precalculus: Homework Help
- Graphing Piecewise Functions: Homework Help
- Vectors, Matrices and Determinants: Homework Help
- Mathematical Sequences and Series: Homework Help
- Sets in Algebra: Homework Help
- Analytic Geometry and Conic Sections: Homework Help
- Polar Coordinates and Parameterizations: Homework Help
- Continuity in Precalculus: Homework Help
- Limits in Precalculus: Homework Help