About This Chapter
Georgia Milestones: Business Organizations - Chapter Summary
Going through the text and video lessons in this chapter allows you to review and learn more about how businesses are owned, organized and operated. This can contribute to your studies and preparations for Georgia Milestones exam questions. The topics in this chapter include:
- Types of business organizations
- Organizational structure
- Sole proprietorship
- Pros and cons of corporations
- Limited liability companies
- Cooperatives in business
Our lessons are interactive, engaging, short and taught by expert instructors. The text and video lessons walk you through multiple topics that you may encounter on exam day. When you complete each lesson, gauge how much you know by taking a short quiz. You will get quick feedback as well, which will give you the chance to go back into the lessons and re-review anything you missed on the quiz.
1. Entrepreneurship & the Economy: Definition & Importance
Entrepreneurs fill a vitally important role in market economies. In this lesson, you'll learn about the importance of entrepreneurship, different types of entrepreneurs and how they add value to an economy.
2. What Is a Business Organization? - Structure, Types & Examples
Want to start a business? One of the first steps is to pick its form. In this lesson, you'll learn about the primary ways businesses are organized with examples provided along the way.
3. Organizational Structure & Ownership of a Business
There are four ways a business can be organized: sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability, and corporation. Each form of ownership takes on a different structure with regards to tax liabilities, income, and risks.
4. What is a Sole Proprietorship? - Definition, Advantages, Disadvantages & Examples
Many businesses start out as sole proprietorships. In this lesson, you'll learn what a sole proprietorship is and its advantages and disadvantages. You'll also have a chance to reinforce your knowledge with a short quiz.
5. The Basics of Partnerships: Types & Examples
Partnerships are a common way to organize a business in the United States. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of business partnerships and their respective advantages and disadvantages. A short quiz follows the lesson.
6. Corporations: Types, Advantages, Disadvantages & Examples
Corporations are a popular form of business organization for large and small businesses. In this lesson, you'll learn about the advantages and disadvantages of a corporation. You'll also learn about S-corporations and C-corporations.
7. The Basics of LLCs: Limited Liability Companies
The limited liability company is one of the most popular business organizational forms for small and medium-sized businesses. In this lesson, you'll learn about the key characteristics of a limited liability company. A short quiz follows.
8. Franchises: Opportunities and Challenges
Franchises offer a way for a person to start a proven business. In this lesson, you'll learn about franchises, including their advantages and disadvantages. You'll also learn about diversity and global challenges in franchising.
9. The Role of Cooperatives in Business
A cooperative is a type of business organization used for a variety of economic and social purposes. In this lesson, you'll learn about cooperatives, their characteristics and the role they serve in the economy. A short quiz follows.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Georgia Milestones - Economics/Business/Free Enterprise EOC: Test Prep & Practice course
- Georgia Milestones: Introduction to Economics
- Georgia Milestones: Scarcity, Choice & the Production Possibilities Curve
- Georgia Milestones: Consumer Behavior & Microeconomics
- Georgia Milestones: Supply & Demand
- Georgia Milestones: Economic Interdependency
- Georgia Milestones: Economic Price & Income Elasticity
- Georgia Milestones: Types of Economic Systems
- Georgia Milestones: Government's Role in Economic Systems
- Georgia Milestones: Market Structures in the US Economy
- Georgia Milestones: Making Business Decisions
- Georgia Milestones: Understanding Production in Microeconomics
- Georgia Milestones: Comparative vs. Absolute Advantage
- Georgia Milestones: Macroeconomic Equilibrium
- Georgia Milestones: Scarce Economic Resource Markets
- Georgia Milestones: Measuring Economic Activity
- Georgia Milestones: Economic Growth & Productivity
- Georgia Milestones: Inflation Measurement & Adjustment
- Georgia Milestones: Understanding Unemployment
- Georgia Milestones: Aggregate Supply & Demand
- Georgia Milestones: Fiscal & Monetary Policies
- Georgia Milestones: Expansionary & Contractionary Policies
- Georgia Milestones: Money, Banking & Financial Markets
- Georgia Milestones: Central Bank & the Money Supply
- Georgia Milestones: Foreign Exchange & the Balance of Payments
- Georgia Milestones: Trade Barriers & Regulations
- Georgia Milestones: Consumer Decision Making
- Georgia Milestones: Savings & Investments
- Georgia Milestones: Credit & Interest Rates
- Georgia Milestones: Insurance
- Georgia Milestones: Taxation
- Georgia Milestones - Economics/Business/Free Enterprise EOC Flashcards