About This Chapter
Georgia Milestones: Fiscal & Monetary Policies - Chapter Summary
You will find questions about fiscal and monetary policies on the Georgia Milestones Economics/ Business/ Free Enterprise EOC exam. This chapter will help you get ready to successfully answer these questions by allowing you to review:
- The Keynesian revolution and Keynes' theory
- How the government manages the economy and fiscal policy tools
- Automatic economic stabilizers
- Ways that timing is important for fiscal and monetary policies
- Supply-side economics
Our engaging video lessons were designed by economics experts. You can test your understanding of these concepts with our self-assessment quizzes. These quizzes link back to the lessons, if you discover you need more practice with certain economic subjects.
1. Fiscal Policy: The Keynesian Revolution
In this lesson, you'll learn how the government uses stabilization policy to smooth out the ups and downs of the business cycles. In stark opposition to the Classical approach, this Keynesian approach favors taking immediate action to stabilize a troubled economy.
2. Fiscal Policy Tools: Government Spending and Taxes
Discover the three main tools the government uses to address recessionary and inflationary economies - what economists call fiscal policy. Find out how these tools are used to help the economy in different situations.
3. Automatic Stabilizers in Economics: Definition & Examples
Watch this lesson to learn about the features that are built into the tax code and the government's budget that help offset declines in aggregate demand during recessions. Referred to as automatic stabilizers, they also address the needs of individuals facing hard times.
4. The Importance of Timing in Fiscal and Monetary Policy Decisions
In this lesson, discover four different types of policy lags that occur when fiscal and monetary authorities take action in attempt to influence economic output. Find out which policy has less of a time lag.
5. Supply-Side Economics in Fiscal and Monetary Policy
This lesson explains what supply-side economics is, where it started, and how economists illustrate it. It provides a basic overview of the still-controversial theory that was popularized by President Ronald Reagan during the 1980s.
6. Managing the Economy with Fiscal and Monetary Policies
Learn what fiscal and monetary policy are and how they are used to manage the economy. Find out the goals of these policies and some of the tools that each use to help you find a job and influence the amount of money in your pocket.
7. Short-Term GDP and National Debt: Keynes' Theory
Discover the tension fiscal authorities face between the two equally rewarding goals of reducing the national debt and maintaining a growing economy in the short term. This lesson explains the tension from the Keynesian point of view.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Georgia Milestones - Economics/Business/Free Enterprise EOC: Test Prep & Practice course
- Georgia Milestones: Introduction to Economics
- Georgia Milestones: Scarcity, Choice & the Production Possibilities Curve
- Georgia Milestones: Consumer Behavior & Microeconomics
- Georgia Milestones: Supply & Demand
- Georgia Milestones: Economic Interdependency
- Georgia Milestones: Economic Price & Income Elasticity
- Georgia Milestones: Types of Economic Systems
- Georgia Milestones: Government's Role in Economic Systems
- Georgia Milestones: Market Structures in the US Economy
- Georgia Milestones: Business Organizations
- Georgia Milestones: Making Business Decisions
- Georgia Milestones: Understanding Production in Microeconomics
- Georgia Milestones: Comparative vs. Absolute Advantage
- Georgia Milestones: Macroeconomic Equilibrium
- Georgia Milestones: Scarce Economic Resource Markets
- Georgia Milestones: Measuring Economic Activity
- Georgia Milestones: Economic Growth & Productivity
- Georgia Milestones: Inflation Measurement & Adjustment
- Georgia Milestones: Understanding Unemployment
- Georgia Milestones: Aggregate Supply & Demand
- Georgia Milestones: Expansionary & Contractionary Policies
- Georgia Milestones: Money, Banking & Financial Markets
- Georgia Milestones: Central Bank & the Money Supply
- Georgia Milestones: Foreign Exchange & the Balance of Payments
- Georgia Milestones: Trade Barriers & Regulations
- Georgia Milestones: Consumer Decision Making
- Georgia Milestones: Savings & Investments
- Georgia Milestones: Credit & Interest Rates
- Georgia Milestones: Insurance
- Georgia Milestones: Taxation
- Georgia Milestones - Economics/Business/Free Enterprise EOC Flashcards