About This Chapter
Georgia Milestones Physical Science EOC: Work & Simple Machines- Chapter Summary
You can learn some important facts about work and simple machines by watching the video lessons contained in this chapter. Each lesson will teach you a different topic related to this subject that you will need to know for the Georgia Milestones Physical Science EOC Exam. The lessons you'll go over in the chapter are:
- The definition, characteristics and examples of work
- The definition, types and examples of simple machines
- Levers, inclined planes and pulleys
- The definition, calculations and equations of mechanical advantage
These concise video lessons will provide you with all relevant information that you might need to answer questions on the Georgia Milestones exam. Our study guides include quizzes and transcripts that may make exam preparation much, much less daunting!
1. Work: Definition, Characteristics, and Examples
Pushing a wall all day may feel like work, but unless you get that wall moving you're not doing any work according to the rules of physics. In this video lesson, you'll learn how work is defined as well as how to calculate the amount of work done on an object.
2. What Are Simple Machines? - Definition, Types & Examples
If you need to move or lift a heavy object, it would be wise to use a simple machine. Though these devices are far from fancy or high-tech, they are extremely helpful for getting work done.
3. Simple Machines: Lever, Inclined Plane & Pulley
Discover what a simple machine is and how it operates. Then learn about the mechanical advantages various simple machines such as levers, inclined planes and pulleys give us.
4. Mechanical Advantage: Definition, Calculations & Equations
If you need to move a heavy object, a simple machine can be used to make your job easier. Learn how simple machines, like levers and pulleys, can be used to gain a mechanical advantage. See mechanical advantage equations and calculations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC: Test Prep & Practice course
- Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC: Motion & Force
- Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC: Pressure, Volume & Temperature
- Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC: Energy & Heat
- Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC: Waves
- Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC: Nuclear Reactions
- Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC: Atomic Structure
- Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC: Periodic Table
- Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC: Chemical Reactions & Bonding
- Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC: Solutions
- Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC: Electricity
- Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC: Magnetic Fields
- Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC Flashcards