About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German food and restaurant vocabulary will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn German words related to food and restaurants. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding German words about food and restaurants
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn German food and restaurant vocabulary
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German food and restaurant vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a German food and restaurant vocabulary unit of a standard German language course. Topics covered include:
- German words for different restaurant types
- Food, drink, fruit and vegetable vocabulary in German
- German words pertaining to meal time customs and etiquette
- German adjectives that describe food
- German meat and seafood vocabulary words
1. German Vocabulary: Types of Restaurants
In this lesson, we are going to explore the fascinating variety of restaurants in German. We will learn how to name Chinese restaurants, Italian restaurants and more, then we'll look at some of these vocabulary terms in action.
2. German Food & Drink Vocabulary
This lesson focuses on German food and drink vocabulary. You will learn the most important German food-related terms and get to know some delicious German specialties in the process.
3. German Restaurant Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to a restaurant. We will learn all the different the parts of a meal and how to name the items at a restaurant in German.
4. German Meal Time Customs & Etiquette
In this lesson we will take a look at the most important German meals, meal time customs, and etiquette that you will need while eating out or at your host's house.
5. German Fruit & Vegetable Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to explore German fruit and vegetable vocabulary. We will also learn some cooking-related vocabulary in the process and find out how to create two German dishes.
6. German Adjectives to Describe Food
In this lesson, we will explore the delicious variety of German foods and learn some essential adjectives to describe food along the way. We will also expand our general food related vocabulary by joining a unique food tour.
7. German Words for Meat
If you want to fit in in meat-loving Germany, you'll need to know your Currywurst from your Bratwurst. This lesson will teach you the vocabulary for meats you're likely to encounter while in Deutschland.
8. German Seafood Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to learn how to name delicious seafood in German. We are going to visit a seafood restaurant and explore different types of fish, mussels and more.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods