About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German grammatical moods will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn the grammatical moods in German, including konjunktiv, conditional and subjunctive tenses. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding German grammatical moods
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about German grammatical moods
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the German Grammatical Moods chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the German Grammatical Moods chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German grammar question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a grammatical moods unit of a standard German language course. Topics covered include:
- Konjunktiv 1 and 2 tenses
- Comparing konjunktiv 1 and 2 in German
- Differentiating between German's conditional and subjunctive tenses
1. German Konjunktiv I: Tenses & Examples
In this lesson, we will learn about the German Konjunktiv I (subjunctive I), how to build it in the present, past and future tense, and how to use it in different sentences.
2. Difference Between Konjunktiv 1 & 2 in German
In this lesson, we will take a look at the two moods in the German language: The Konjunktiv I and Konjunktiv II. We'll see the differences between building and using them.
3. German konjunktiv II: Tenses & Examples
In this lesson, we will learn how to build the Konjunktiv II in the present, past and future tense. We will also learn when and how to use it and about the possible alternatives for this form.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters