About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering basic German material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn basic German. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding vocabulary words that describe parts of the body, illness, and words associated with medical professionals
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning languages (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about basic German
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra foreign language learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the German Health & Wellness Vocabulary chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the German Health & Wellness Vocabulary chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German health and wellness vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a health and wellness vocabulary unit of a standard basic German course. Topics covered include:
- Disease and illness terms in German
- German vocabulary words for hospitals
- Terms and phrases for visiting a dentist
- Dental and tooth vocabulary words
- German words connected to sleeping
1. German Illness & Disease Vocabulary
In this lesson, we will look at German words for illnesses, symptoms, and cures. We will not learn the specific medical terms for various diseases (which are mostly in Latin), but rather the terms that you would use in everyday German.
2. German Hospital Vocabulary
In this lesson, you will learn some of the most important words used in and around the hospital. You will see what to call the people and rooms in the hospital in German and how to get by if you ever have an emergency.
3. German Dentist Vocabulary
In this lesson, we will learn words and phrases one might hear in a dentist's office in Germany. We will look at the German words for some dental health problems as well the treatment options for those problems.
4. German Tooth & Dental Vocabulary
Grill, gnashers, pearly whites, dentures, clickers - whatever you like to call them, teeth are important tools for life. This lesson will teach you the German vocab necessary to describe your mouth, the things that fill it and how to take care of it.
5. German Sleep Vocabulary
In this lesson, we will explore sleep-related vocabulary in German. We will learn specific nouns as well as verbs related to sleep and see how these can be applied in a real life example situation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods