About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German hobby and activity vocabulary will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn hobby and activity-related vocabulary words in German. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding German hobby and activity vocabulary
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn German words for hobbies and activities
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the German Hobbies & Activities chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the German Hobbies & Activities chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German hobby and activity question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a German hobbies and activities unit of a standard German language course. You'll study German vocabulary related to:
- Toys, games and hobbies
- Sports, including soccer
- Musical terms and instruments
1. German Sewing Vocabulary
In this lesson we will learn vocabulary related to sewing such as fabic, needles, thread, etc. With these words and phrases, you will be able to get your sewing supplies and start to understand project and pattern instructions.
2. German Art Vocabulary
In this lesson, we will learn a variety of terms related to art. We will explore how to talk about creating art as well as appreciating art in German.
3. German Toy & Game Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to have some fun exploring the exciting world of toys and games in German. Learn specific terms related to games for children, as well as vocabulary describing games for adults.
4. German Sports Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to explore some essential sports-related vocabulary. We are going to learn how to talk about water sports and team sports as well as some ball sports.
5. German Hobbies Vocabulary
In this lesson, we're going to delve into the colorful world of German hobbies. We are going to find out how to talk about our favorite pastimes in German and how to ask others about theirs.
6. German Musical Terms
In this lesson, we will explore the magic of music by learning the most relevant German music related terms. You'll also learn to name different styles of music, such as pop music or electronic music, in German.
7. German Musical Instrument Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to explore the German terms for musical instruments. Whether you like the guitar, the drums, or the cello, your favorite musical instruments are covered.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods