About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German house and home vocabulary will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn these words and phrases. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding and memorizing vocabulary words about household items, rooms, and associated verbs
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about German house and home vocabulary words
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the German House & Home Vocabulary chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the German House & Home Vocabulary chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German house and home vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a house and home vocabulary unit of a standard German course. Topics covered include:
- House and room vocabulary words in German
- German phrases and words about gardens
- Vocabulary words about furniture and living rooms
- Bedroom and bathroom German terms
- Words and phrases about kitchen items and the kitchen
- Verbs connected to household chores
- German vocabulary words for a storage room, appliances, and laundry
1. German House & Room Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to talk about the parts of a house and all the different rooms that can be in a home. We will see how to name and describe them in German.
2. German Garden Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to explore a beautiful and relaxing garden setting and learn the most important German garden vocabulary in the process. We are also going to get to know how different species of flowers are named.
3. German Living Room Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to learn all about describing a living room in German using specific vocabulary. We will also find out more about cognates and expand our home-related vocabulary.
4. German Furniture Vocabulary
Our friends have just purchased their first home in Germany and are having us over to visit. Join us as they take us on a tour of their home, where we'll learn some important furniture pieces and how to talk about them in German.
5. German Bedroom Vocabulary
In today's lesson, we are going to talk about some of the things that you can find inside a bedroom as well as how to name them and talk about them in German.
6. German Bathroom Terminology
In today's lesson, we are going to talk about some of the fixtures and accessories that you can find in a bathroom. We'll discuss how to name them and talk about them in German.
7. German Kitchen & Kitchen Item Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to take a look at a kitchen and learn the names of kitchen furniture, appliances, cutlery, and dishes and how to talk about them in German.
8. German Household Chore Verbs
In this lesson, we are going to make housework fun for once by learning essential verbs regarding household chores in German. We are going to learn from an entertainer how to enjoy our housework and expand our vocabulary in the process.
9. German Laundry & Storage Room Vocabulary
In this lesson, we will get to know German words for items you would find in a laundry and storage room. If you find yourself vacationing in Germany and your host offers you use of their laundry room, these words will help you ask for the things you'll need.
10. German Appliances Words
In this lesson we will learn many words for traditional appliances as well as common modern electronics that people have in their homes for cooking, cleaning, body care, communication, and entertainment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods