About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German location vocabulary will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn German words for locations, directions and various places around town. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding location-related words in German
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn German words about locations
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the German Location Vocabulary chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the German Location Vocabulary chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German location vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a German location vocabulary unit of a standard German language course. Topics covered include:
- German shopping mall and movie theater vocabulary
- German words pertaining to location and directions
- Circus terms in German
- German words for places around town, such as the post office and grocery store
- Common classroom objects in German
- German words about school and academic subjects
- Beach-related phrases in German
1. German Shopping Mall Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to take a walk through a typical shopping mall and learn how to name the different stores in German and see some of the common phrases that you can use while shopping.
2. German Words to Describe Direction & Location
Let's travel! In this lesson you will learn how to ask for help finding places, understand directions given to you, and identify different locations to help familiarize you with your surroundings. Ready? Los geht's!
3. German Grocery Store Vocabulary
In this lesson we will learn the German terms for people, places and things in a grocery store, as well as some differences from American stores. This lesson does not cover terms for specific food items.
4. German Movie Theatre Vocabulary
What's the cinema experience like in Germany? We will learn how to name important objects that are part of the movie theater, as well as crucial movie theater related phrases.
5. German Circus Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to have lots of fun exploring circus-related vocabulary in German. We will get to know diverse circus artists and how to name them in German as well as some of the objects that can be found in the circus environment.
6. German Post Office Vocabulary
In this lesson we will learn about visiting a post office in German speaking countries. With this lesson under your belt, you will be able to take care of your various mailing needs in the German language.
7. German Places in Town Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to do a ''Stadtbummel'' (stroll around the city) and try to name all the different places you can encounter in town while doing so.
8. German Classroom Object Vocabulary
In today's lesson, we are going to learn the objects that you can usually find in a classroom. We will learn how to name them and talk about them in German.
9. German School & School Subject Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to learn how to name some of the school subjects and classrooms in German. We will also explore the vocabulary for the different parts and items in a school.
10. German Beach Words & Phrases
In this lesson we will learn nouns, verbs, and phrases related to the beach and taking a beach vacation, as well as a little about German travel culture.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods