About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German nature and climate vocabulary words will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn German words and phrases related to nature and climate. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the German words used to describe elements of the natural world, weather, and climate conditions
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about German nature and climate words
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the German Nature & Climate Vocabulary chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the German Nature & Climate Vocabulary chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German nature and climate vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a nature and climate vocabulary unit of a basic German course. Topics covered include:
- Climate and weather phrases
- Nature names and associated words
- Geography vocabulary in German
- German names for trees and plants
- Seasonal vocabulary words and phrases
1. German Weather & Climate
In this lesson, we are going to focus on German weather and climate vocabulary. We will explore different weather conditions and learn how to describe them in German.
2. German Nature Words & Names
In this lesson, we are going to learn a variety of important German nature terms. We will learn more about some outdoor-related activities in German and join two very different friends on their outdoors adventure.
3. German Geography Vocabulary
This lesson will give you an overview of German terms used for describing the landscape in Germany. You will learn some important words for talking about scenery and common geographic features, such as mountains, lakes, and rivers.
4. German Plant & Tree Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to learn some essential German terms that describe plants and trees. We are going to get to know some of Germany's most common trees, as well as some popular flowers.
5. German Winter Vocabulary
In this lesson, we will focus on learning how to express winter-related vocabulary in German. We will find out about fun activities to enjoy in winter as well as weather-related terms.
6. German Spring Vocabulary
In this lesson, we will learn to honor spring the German way by learning essential spring-related vocabulary. We will also learn how to name spring-related activities.
7. German Summer Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to journey into German summer and expand our summer-related vocabulary. We will learn essential terms as well as how to talk about summer activities in German.
8. German Autumn Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to explore essential autumn-related vocabulary as well as autumn-focused activities in German. We will also get to know more about the famous lantern processions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods