About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German professional vocabulary will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn German words related to business, jobs, government and banks. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding professional words in German
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn German professional vocabulary
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the German Professional Vocabulary chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the German Professional Vocabulary chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German professional vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a German professional vocabulary unit of a standard German language course. Topics covered include:
- Words and names for jobs in German
- German business terms
- German vocabulary about the government
- Banking and money words in German
1. German Jobs: Names & Vocabulary
In this lesson, we will learn about a variety of names and vocabulary for German jobs. Included are cultural discussions on the differences in jobs based on gender and age as well as important vocabulary for job applications and interviews.
2. German Business Vocabulary
In this lesson, we will learn some German vocabulary that would be helpful to know in the context of business transactions, including some objects that are commonly used in the business world.
3. German Government Vocabulary Words
In this lesson, we will learn German words relating to the different branches of government. This lesson will be particularly helpful if you listen to German political news, talk in German about politics, or have a government-related job.
4. German Money & Bank Words
Money, in all its forms, makes the world go round, even in Germany. No matter the currency, we all need money to get by. That's why before you set off it would be handy to know your money- and banking-related vocabulary.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods