About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German vocabulary words related to science, technology, and math will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn science, technology, and math words. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding German vocabulary words describing technological, scientific, and mathematic concepts
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about German science, technology, and math vocabulary words
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the German Science, Technology, & Math Vocabulary chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the German Science, Technology, & Math Vocabulary chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German science, technology, and math vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a science, technology, and math vocabulary unit of a standard basic German course. Topics covered include:
- German words that describe technology
- Science vocabulary words
- German phrases about astronomy and space
- Words that describe units of measurement
- German words for various shapes
1. German Technology Words
In this lesson, we will learn about German technology words relating to electronics, office tools, and computer technology. As we will see, in these areas, the German language has borrowed some English words, but they are pronounced slightly differently.
2. German Science Words
In this lesson we will look at German scientific vocabulary. Many scientific textbooks or articles have originally been published in German, so this lesson will help you to understand the original texts before they were translated into English.
3. German Space & Astronomy Words
In this lesson, we will look at words that are used in space- or astronomy-related texts in German. This lesson will help you to better understand German textbooks on that subject or have conversations with subject matter experts as well as science fiction fans.
4. German Measurement & Unit Words
In this lesson we will look at German measurement and unit words. These words will be helpful if you travel to any German-speaking country and want to read science books or magazines.
5. Shape Words in German
In this lesson we will learn the German vocabulary words for shapes, beginning with basic simple shapes and then moving into more complex and three-dimensional forms.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods