About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German special occasion vocabulary will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn German words about holidays, parties and celebrations. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding German special occasion vocabulary
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn special occasion vocabulary in German
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the German Special Occasion Vocabulary chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the German Special Occasion Vocabulary chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German special occasion vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a German special occasion vocabulary unit of a standard German language course. Topics covered include:
- German Christmas, New Years and birthday greetings
- German phrases that express best wishes and congratulations
- Holiday and celebration terms in German
- Wedding and party vocabulary in German
- German Christmas, Halloween and Easter words
- Writing party invitations in German
1. German Christmas Greetings
In this lesson, you'll learn how to participate in Christmas festivities, the German way: There are plenty of interesting Christmas greetings to be learned, so let's get to it. ''Bist Du bereit?'' ('Are you ready?')
2. German New Year's Greetings
This lesson provides you with an overview of some important words and phrases that you might need when spending New Year's in Germany. It focuses on conversations you might find yourself having around New Year's Eve.
3. German Birthday Greetings
This lesson is all about how to interact with German speakers at a very joyous occasion: a birthday celebration. Learn how to wish someone a happy birthday and more in this lesson on German birthday greetings.
4. Congratulations & Best Wishes in German
In this lesson, we'll learn how to express best wishes and congratulations regarding a variety of occasions in German. We'll explore some general expressions then expand into ways of congratulating at birthdays, mother's day celebrations, and more.
5. German Holiday & Celebration Vocabulary
In this lesson, we will discuss vocabulary related to holidays and special occasions that are celebrated in Germany. You will also learn about some of the cultural traditions that the Germans share.
6. German Wedding Vocabulary
This lesson provides you with an overview of some important words and phrases that you might need when you attend a wedding in Germany. It also gives a brief overview of what to expect when you attend a German wedding.
7. German Halloween Vocabulary
Trick or treating, costumes, ghosts and ghouls! In this lesson, we will learn how to transmit some Halloween spirit into German by using the most appropriate terms.
8. German Easter Vocabulary
In this lesson, we will journey into the world of the German Easter celebration and learn some essential Easter-related vocabulary, as well as some typical traditions and common expressions concerning this important Christian festivity.
9. German Party Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to learn useful vocabulary related to parties in German. Explore three different party scenarios using the most important party vocabulary in the process.
10. How to Write a Party Invitation in German
This lesson provides you with the German words and phrases that you need to write an invitation to a party. In this lesson we'll use the example of a birthday party.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods