About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German time and date vocabulary will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn German vocabulary related to time and dates. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding German time and date vocabulary
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn German words about time and dates
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the German Time & Dates chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the German Time & Dates chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German time and date vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a German time and date vocabulary unit of a standard German language course. You'll study German vocabulary related to:
- Times of day
- Days of the week
- Months of the year and their abbreviations
- Telling and talking about time
1. Times of Day in German
In this lesson, we'll learn the vocabulary words describing the time of day. This is not a lesson in telling time, but rather in the general terminology used to talk about the approximate time of day or night, such as morning and evening.
2. German Days of the Week
In this lesson we will learn about the seven days of the week in German, and how to pronounce them. This is a basic lesson needed to work with any calendar in German, to make appointments etc.
3. Talking About Time in German
Time plays an important role as we organize our day. In this lesson, you will learn how to talk conversationally about time. We will look at typical time-related expressions that native German speakers would use in everyday conversations.
4. Telling Time in German
This lesson introduces telling time in German. It includes very basic vocabulary needed to tell time and the two formats (12-hour and 24-hour) used for telling time in Germany (and other German-speaking countries).
5. German Months of the Year & Their Abbreviations
In this lesson, we will discover how to name each month of the year in German. We will also learn the abbreviations that we can use to refer to each month.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods