About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German travel vocabulary will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn German vocabulary words related to holidays, vacations, transportation, travel and more. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding German travel vocabulary
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about German travel vocabulary
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the German Travel Vocabulary chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the German Travel Vocabulary chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German travel vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a German travel vocabulary unit of a standard German language course. Topics covered include:
- Basic travel phrases in German
- German vacation, holiday and hotel terms
- German vocabulary pertaining to airports, train stations and transportation methods
- Names for oceans, continents and countries in German
- Vocabulary related to German culture and daily life
1. Basic German Travel Phrases
In this lesson, we will learn basic phrases that will be very useful while traveling. Whether you are trying to find your way around, checking in to the hotel, or need help, knowing a few key phrases can go a long way in making your travels smoother.
2. German Holiday, Vacation & Travel Vocabulary
In this lesson, we will learn how to travel the German way! We will learn specific holiday, vacation, and travel vocabulary and some short and handy example phrases along the way.
3. German Airport Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to go on an airport adventure and learn relevant German airport vocabulary. We will also get to know basic airport-related travel phrases.
4. German Train Station Vocabulary
In this lesson we will learn vocabulary words and phrases specific to train stations and train travel so that you will be prepared to purchase a ticket, understand your route, and find your seat.
5. German Hotel Vocabulary & Phrases
In this lesson, it's all about handy German phrases to use when at a hotel. Specific vocabulary related to the hotel environment will also be covered.
6. German Transportation Words
In this lesson we will learn vocabulary words related to modes of transportation and words related to transportation. This lesson does not cover vocabulary specific to traveling or going on vacation.
7. Country, Continent & Ocean Names in German
In this lesson, we'll expand our knowledge regarding German vocabulary for geography. We will learn a variety of country, continent, and ocean names and have fun learning about worldwide adventures.
8. German Culture Vocabulary Words
In this lesson, we are going to explore the fascinating world of German traditions and habits. Learn some terms that are unique to the German language that offer intriguing insights into German culture.
9. German Daily Life Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to expand our German vocabulary by learning handy phrases and sentences that are commonly used in daily life. We are going to learn the fascinating literal meanings of some sayings as well as their equivalent in English.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods