About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German vocabulary for affection and intimacy will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn German words related to affection, love, romance, endearments and compliments. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding affection and intimacy-related words in German
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn German words pertaining to affection and intimacy
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German affection and intimacy vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a German affection and intimacy vocabulary unit of a standard German language course. Topics covered include:
- German vocabulary about relationships, love and romance
- Terms of endearment in German
- Common compliments in German
1. German Relationship Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to learn more about German relationship terms. Explore which vocabulary we can best express ourselves regarding relationships to a partner.
2. German Terms of Endearment
Using terms of endearment for our loved ones is an age-old practice. Germans are no exception to this and so they have their own special names for the people they love. Once you're in Germany and have a special someone in your life, it might be helpful to know some German pet names.
3. Common German Compliments
In this lesson, we are going to learn some of the words and phrases that you can use to pay someone a compliment. We are going to mention some of the most useful compliments that you can use every day.
4. German Love & Romance Phrases
In this lesson, it's all about tender love and romance! Keep reading to find out more on how to express your romantic feelings in the German language, and learn the most suitable phrases related to one of the most important emotions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods