About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German animal vocabulary will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn the German words for animals. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding German words and names for different animals
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn German animal vocabulary
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the German Words for Animals chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the German Words for Animals chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German animal word question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an animal vocabulary unit of a basic German course. Topics covered include:
- General animal names in German
- Sea animals
- Terms for pets
- German farm words
1. German Animal Names
In this lesson, we are going to explore the world of animal names in German. We are also going to learn more about animals in movies and get to know all about their cinematic adventures.
2. German Sea Animal Names
In this lesson, we are going to venture into the world of sea animals. We will learn their German names and we will also get to know more about their way of life by making a virtual visit to an aquarium in Frankfurt.
3. German Insect Names
In this lesson, we are going to get to know more about busy bees, bugs, beetles, and other insects. It's all about German insect names in this lesson, so leave any critter aversion behind and join us on a fun learning discovery.
4. German Reptile Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to learn the most important German reptile terms. We are about to join an excursion to a reptile park, where we will encounter animals such as the crocodile, the iguana, and more.
5. German Amphibian Vocabulary
Let's explore German vocabulary for amphibians, cold-blooded animals that comprise the frogs, toads, salamanders, and newts. We will learn the German names for these animals and some important phrases for talking about their life cycles and habitat.
6. German Bird Vocabulary
You know it's going to be a beautiful day when you wake up and the birds are singing. Some of us might take them for granted and not be too great at identifying them from afar but after today's lesson you will know the German words for the most common varieties.
7. German Pet Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to learn all about German pet names. We are also going to explore how animals help people in staying healthy and happy and how faithful parrots are to their partners.
8. Farm Words in German
In this lesson we will learn the vocabulary words for the people, structures, components, products, tools, animals, and verbs related to working on and visiting different types of farms.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods