About This Chapter
Getting Started with Study.com - Chapter Summary
If you're planning to use Study.com as a learning and professional development resource at your organization, have your employees work through this introductory chapter to learn how to get started with our courses. The chapter includes video and text-based lessons that examine Study.com's College 101 course objectives, as well as the functions of our mobile app, course assignments and proctored exams. You can assign this chapter to your employees at any time, and it's accessible on any device that has an Internet connection.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter gives employees an overview of how to get the most out of Study.com's courses, apps and supplemental resources.
- Provides a student orientation: Inside the chapter, employees will be guided through all of Study.com's course features.
- Improves testing skills: Employees who finish the chapter will take away strategies for preparing for and taking our online proctored exams.
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Recognize Study.com's College 101 course objectives
- Get started with Study.com's college courses
- Use Study.com's college course mobile app
- Complete and submit Study.com required course assignments
- Prepare for and take Study.com proctored exams
1. College 101 Course Orientation & Objective
Hello, and welcome to Study.com! Before you jump into your first real course on the path to earning your bachelor's degree, we wanted to take some time to introduce you to our site features and give you a taste of our college course content. This introductory course will teach you how to use Study.com and how to prepare to take our college courses.
2. Getting Started with Study.com's College Courses: Student Tour
Hello and welcome to Study.com's College Accelerator! In this video, we'll give you a quick tour of Study.com so that you have everything you need to get started.
3. How to Use the Study.com Mobile App for College Courses
This lesson will explain how to make full use of the Study.com mobile app to take and study for college courses on the go. This tutorial will have you using the app in no time!
4. Completing & Submitting Required Assignments in Study.com Courses
Learn how to tell if the Study.com course you're taking has any required assignments. If it does, you'll need to finish them before your course can be marked as complete! This lesson will cover where to find your assignments, how to submit them, and recommendations for completing them.
5. Preparing for & Taking a Study.com Proctored Exam
Study.com's proctored final exams are the gateway for you to pass your course and earn transferable college credit. This lesson will help you understand when you're ready to take an exam, how to study for it, and what the technical requirements for an exam are.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.